Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Now can we start singing from the same Hymn sheet ?

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Under Poyet it never felt as though we were all pulling in the same direction, there were many anti & pro Gus fans for various reasons, the majority of the withdean era loved him for the Division one title and after enduring years of mostly dross at Withdean this was sexy football at its best(Murray,Bennett,Barnes, Bridcutt etc) that last season at Withdean was a belter.
But then the move to the Amex where after the honeymoon of the first few months was over, a little backlash started after an awful run of results and maybe a few fans new to his slow passing game starting from the back and if we've got the ball the other team can't score ideas became impatient and critical of his style, which I think lasted throughout the rest of his time at the Albion. The other reasons for fans dislike of Poyet were the comments he made defending Saurez and the constant touting himself for other jobs, but all in all I never felt since we've been at The Amex as a club the fans have all been singing from the same hymn sheet.

So now with the arrival of OSCAR GARCIA JUNYENT THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR I feel we can finally all move forward together to the promised land united as one, newer fans and older fans all at the start of a new chapter on the good ship BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC :bhasign:

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I will always give 100% backing to a manager that dedicates and commits himself to my club with his heart, with his body and with his soul. That nothing else matters. This is our world and his world. In it together for as long as we can.

Under Poyet it never felt as though we were all pulling in the same direction, there were many anti & pro Gus fans for various reasons, the majority of the withdean era loved him for the Division one title and after enduring years of mostly dross at Withdean this was sexy football at its best(Murray,Bennett,Barnes, Bridcutt etc) that last season at Withdean was a belter.
But then the move to the Amex where after the honeymoon of the first few months was over, a little backlash started after an awful run of results and maybe a few fans new to his slow passing game starting from the back and if we've got the ball the other team can't score ideas became impatient and critical of his style, which I think lasted throughout the rest of his time at the Albion. The other reasons for fans dislike of Poyet were the comments he made defending Saurez and the constant touting himself for other jobs, but all in all I never felt since we've been at The Amex as a club the fans have all been singing from the same hymn sheet.

So now with the arrival of OSCAR GARCIA JUNYENT THE SPANISH PRINCE OF FLAIR I feel we can finally all move forward together to the promised land united as one, newer fans and older fans all at the start of a new chapter on the good ship BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION FC :bhasign:

If you mean can the esu ever unite with the wsu i'm afraid it will never happen,the chosen people of the Balmer shelf can never live in peace the bearded real ale bald fat gits who infest the wsu:moo:

Can the anti Poyet brigade on here tell us if they are happy with Garcias appointment and how long they intend to back him for ? If he fails to get us into the Play Offs then surely they will back to bitching.

Can the anti Poyet brigade on here tell us if they are happy with Garcias appointment and how long they intend to back him for ? If he fails to get us into the Play Offs then surely they will back to bitching.

I will judge on what i see not in what i'm told,ONLY TOOK 3 MONTHS TO WORK OUT POYET:tosser: JUST WANT A GENUINE GUY WITH A TAD OF LOYALTY,A LUCKY MANAGER IS A BONUS:thumbsup:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I was very much Poyet Out, not anti-Poyet as such. This was mainly for his fallout with Vicente, and something else which is not allowed to be talked about. Other things were just minor irritations.

Personally, I am VERY happy with Garcia's appointment, and will back him for a long time.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Good grief, have you not read what has been done to death over the last month or so?.... most of us who decided Gus needed to move on, only did so after it became apparent he was trying to design a move to pastures new, and after his various shenanigans after the Palace game...... before that he was ticking along in my view.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It felt like, when kuipers was replaced, the fan base split into FDM fans, and anti-FDM fans. There then began a cycle, those who liked FDM disliked the guy who replaced him, but then like the guy who replaced that guy. Whereas the antiFDM fans liked the guy who replaced kuipers, and disliked the guy who replaced that guy. (Until kuszczak came along and united the fans, except ninja elephant :wink: )

I wonder if something similar will happen here? Of course most will be reluctant to admit disliking the new guy before he has had a chance to show what he can do, and will outwardly support him, but when things aren't going great, will the people who support gus be the first to turn on him, rather than the anti-gus section?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Some people will moan whatever happens I guess it makes them happy. C'est la vie. In normal life and work work I ignore anyone who is purely negative about everything. Some have lost jobs because of it.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Can you lose a job for being too negative ?

Well yes indirectly. If you have to make a number of people redundant, not an easy thing to do, and you have to choose between two people, if all else is roughly the same but one person is persistently neative, never offering anything positive, then it can count against them.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Well yes indirectly. If you have to make a number of people redundant, not an easy thing to do, and you have to choose between two people, if all else is roughly the same but one person is persistently neative, never offering anything positive, then it can count against them.

I'm lucky I've still got my job then:)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here