Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone if Oscar speaks English?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
This might have already been asked, but does our new man speak good English or is Calde going to be employed as a translator?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Edited due to a quick edit of the thread title

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Given the title of this thread are you sure you speak English?

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Schoolboy error on my part, possibly the worst thread to start with that grammatical mistake.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OnThe Argus today it says his English is not very good and, in Israel, he always used an interpreter to converse in English with journalists.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
But the clip of a post match interview that I have seen from Israel shows that his English is as good as the Uruguayan at least.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
But the clip of a post match interview that I have seen from Israel shows that his English is as good as the Uruguayan at least.

I doesn't look like that to me! And it's fairly unlikely to be considering he's spent his life in a non English speaking country, where as Gus has spent over a decade living here. No doubt he'll improve quickly though (until he gets asked awkward questions like 'would you like to manage Barcelona').

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
The video linked earlier shows him complaining about a team turning up with 11 defenders behind the ball?!?!?!
Turns out the Israeli league is the championship in disguise.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
His English is nowhere near as good as Poyet's on the evidence of that clip - but, unlike Gus, he actually uses consonants.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here