Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Further squad changes

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Now we have a new manager presumably we will start to see some more squad announcements soon.

My guess is that Bridcutt will go and we may not get El Abd back. Not so sure about Spanish Dave but he may go too. I haven't heard anything about Upson, but again it seems unlikely well get him back.

Will anyone else go? Possibilities could be Kaz, Buckley or god forbid the PIG. Hopefully the new appointment might stabilise things.

Greer and Bruno are getting long in the tooth and we can't expect them to stay fit. All of this makes defence a major priority.

We need about half a dozen decent new signings/ loans....

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I would expect to see a few Spanish players, maybe on loan. This is going to be a difficult job for him next season, he has no experience in the championship and I would think, it will take him a while to tweak the squad.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I reckon we'll be fielding our development squad for the start of the season as ALL of the first team will have gone by then, Tanno might even get called back to play in defence, perhaps Garcia could pop his boots on and play up front alongside Bergkamp.

:ffsparr:

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I would hope that we could up our offer to Spanish Dave to 2 years, not 1. Presumably we only offered 1 in case the new manager didn't see him fitting in? Either way, I hope he signs up shortly.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Now we have a new manager presumably we will start to see some more squad announcements soon.

My guess is that Bridcutt will go and we may not get El Abd back. Not so sure about Spanish Dave but he may go too. I haven't heard anything about Upson, but again it seems unlikely well get him back.

Will anyone else go? Possibilities could be Kaz, Buckley or god forbid the PIG. Hopefully the new appointment might stabilise things.

Greer and Bruno are getting long in the tooth and we can't expect them to stay fit. All of this makes defence a major priority.

Why would we want to sell one of our best players?

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009

oooh thats a pessimistic start to the first morning for our new manager, for all we know they may all stay + Spanish Dave and Upson re-signing??

glass half full

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

So you have no idea who is on what contract then?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Lots of people are assuming that Bridders is going to jump ship at the first decent offer that comes along and the club will be happy to cash in. He and his missus clearly enjoy living in the area. He is settled with a very young family, playing regularly, enjoying his football, loved at BHA and being pretty well rewarded for it.
He spent some time at Chelsea and although highly rated, was advised that he may not make it at the highest level due to his size. After a few loan spells he has re-established himself at BHA.
Unless he has a ready made replacement lined up ( and he would have to be pretty damn useful! ) I don't think Oscar would let one of our prized assets go. An asset that Gus was happy to build the team around.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

We might as well chuck ourselves off beachy head now then!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What most people seem to be forgetting is that although Oscar is new David Burke has seen our rise so is fully aware of our players and the ability so will not want to lose many unless they can be replaced by better or make serious money.

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
This thread started off on a pretty pessimistic note.
I would have thought that the team would be pretty excited at the past few days developments.
Buckley has tweeted that it was time for gus to leave, then a day or so ago, tweeted OGJ's details.
That seemed to point that maybe some of the squad were craving for change at the helm.
What these new coaches, headed by OGJ, signify and seem to promise, is an authentic, straight from the horses mouth
Continuation of the style that Gus sought after for us to play.
I would hazard a guess that there is one hell of a buzz within the camp now.
I would be sad but not surprised if Adam goes, but I would have hoped that the new gaffer is exactly the kind of situation that would make Lopez want to stick around.

I reckon we'll be fielding our development squad for the start of the season as ALL of the first team will have gone by then, Tanno might even get called back to play in defence, perhaps Garcia could pop his boots on and play up front alongside Bergkamp.

:ffsparr:

Tanno left this morning by mutual consent..so I would count on him putting anything on at the Amex!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know I'm a bit naive, but I've got a question: just because the new head coach is from Spain, is it automatic that he will want to keep Spanish Dave and that Spanish Dave will want to sign for him? I once worked abroad and the biggest tosser in the place was a fellow Brit and I got on much better with the locals...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I know I'm a bit naive, but I've got a question: just because the new head coach is from Spain, is it automatic that he will want to keep Spanish Dave and that Spanish Dave will want to sign for him? I once worked abroad and the biggest tosser in the place was a fellow Brit and I got on much better with the locals...

To be fair though 75% of Brits abroad act like tossers.

I would be surprised if we see many changes before mid August with an exciting deadline day again this year.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I really hope we do manage to keep hold of Spanish Dave as he proved to be a valuable member of the team once he settled into it and he chipped in with his fair share of goals as well, Also proved to be a pretty reliable penalty taker as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here