Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be honest.........

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
How many of you lot wetting yourselves about the new manager, head coach or whatever he is called had actually heard of him 6 weeks ago????

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Heard of him years ago as a Barca player.

Doubt many followed his coaching career, why would they?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many of you lot wetting yourselves about the new manager, head coach or whatever he is called had actually heard of him 6 weeks ago????
6 weeks, oh my, more like 3 weeks.

I've still got 6 hours to go before I've clocked up 24 hours of knowledge on our backroom staff.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
OK Oscar Garcia wasn't on many punters managerial radar until a few weeks ago, me included.

But reading this thread it occurred to me just how much we do know about Spanish players / ex-players compared to 4 years ago. If you had said back in the Withdean era we would have seen players like Vicente in an Albion shirt, let alone a whole cohort of others. Now we have an ex-Barca player as Head coach! His assistants have decent CVs too. Such is our rate of rise from relative mediocrity.

Also reflected in how much awareness and coverage the Albion now gets in Spain etc. I guess that will steadily increase with Oscar Garcia's appointment - and even before we sign any more Spanish players.

Blimey. Yet again Tony Bloom's has moved our goalposts in a bold new direction, with new levels of interest and hopefully loads of excitement. Inevitably there will be a bedding in period whilst Oscar and the players get to know each other but I'm looking forward a couple of months to when he has a few Championship games under his belt.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Crap management credentials. One manager position and one championship. 100%, I expect better.

Seriously wetting myself and firmly believe the glass ceiling has been dislodged if not quite smashed.

not 100% happy at the way Gus was treated but am open to persuasion.

Oh and thanks Taricco. Great job , well done and al the best.

TNBA

TTF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
absolutly no idea who he was untill talked to Barca fan, then started to get moist pants. (take that as you wish).

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

I've always thought we should have gone for 'Arry. Been around for years, he's a known entity and we know where the money would go. Blimey, he was favourite for the England job not long ago. What more could you ask for? Sven?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Not me. Your point?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
As a player god yes!

Knew he'd gone into coaching with Barca but had no idea he was their biggest coaching name for so long until we were linked to him. Seems from so many sources that that is the case though so great news

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

What does it matter? We do have the ability to read up on what he's been up to you know?

(had heard of him as a footballer)

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I'd never heard of Tony Bloom, Gus Poyet or anybody else associated with the Albion at one point or another so I don't quite get what the point is?

Vaguely, but then I don't know hardly anything about Spanish football.

And I'd never heard of Vicente until we signed him and neither had most of the Spanish people I met on holiday a week later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here