Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14/1 to win the championship.....

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i'm having a piece of that action before it goes down to 10/1 by the end of the week, then after we kill leeds 0-3 it will be nearer 5/1.

don't you just love waves of optimism.

Gus who?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'd lay that quite happily. I'm happy with Oscar but I think he's got a lot to do given:

- the departure of a popular manager and the divisions that has caused
- the subsequent effect on the dressing room
- his inexperience, both in England and of being a number one
- the timing. Only a few weeks till the start of the season
- the gaps. No left back at the club

Patience is needed.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Because we have appointed a manager with no experience of the English game bar a week's trial at West Ham? Who won the 26-game Israeli league? Now that's optimism.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because we have appointed a manager with no experience of the English game bar a week's trial at West Ham? Who won the 26-game Israeli league? Now that's optimism.

Their league is only 26 games long!!?? Shit, that makes winning it by SIXTEEN points, even MORE impressive. LUMP on, NOW!!!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd just lay that 14-1 as well. The swift action in appointing OG has I'm sure gone a long way to improving our prospects, and given us more of a chance of keeping the players we have and signing the players we need. If there had been no manager in place for another few weeks there could have been some very bad knock-on effects.

But we were actually a bigger price last season (or certainly 16s) with a manager who knew England and the division a lot better, and had a very good Championship squad.

Wonder if Bournemouth are going to start splashing the cash, that's the one that caught my eye, as low as 16-1. Normally they'd be down with Yeovil and Doncaster. The Russian owner hasn't spent really big yet, maybe he's about to.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Hate to sound negative but I really can't see us having as good a side as we did last year. Bridge, Upson and even Vicenti are massive losses. Reading and Leeds look the two to beat for me.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Eh? Leeds' team is proper w@nk?

If and I know it's a big if, they sign Noel Hunt and Upson as reported then they instantly become in the mix just with those two! You don't honestly think McDermott is going to sit there with the same side as last year do you? Bet they do more business than us in this window!!!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
we are 11/5 to beat leeds on the opening day....candy from a baby.....go laaaaarge.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Reading surely the team to watch this season. Expect to see Brighton, Forest, Leicester and possibly Bolton up there again, along with QPR. Very rough guesstimate considering nothing has been done yet though.

Watford could be in big trouble this season, looks like good value at up to 22-1 for them to go down.
Birmingham could also be a good shout at 10-1.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here