Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Manager's job - interview process.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
As the club have clearly followed a standard business approach in dealing with the suspension and disciplinary process with an employee, will/should they implement that same practice in the recruitment of his successor (assuming that any appeal is unsuccessful)?

Naming Oscar as an interim manager (assuming that's what's about to happen) is fine but, once the appeal outcome is known, should the club be consistent with their 'business' approach and advertise the position (albeit with 'preferred candidate identified')?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As the club have clearly followed a standard business approach in dealing with the suspension and disciplinary process with an employee, will/should they implement that same practice in the recruitment of his successor (assuming that any appeal is unsuccessful)?

Naming Oscar as an interim manager (assuming that's what's about to happen) is fine but, once the appeal outcome is known, should the club be consistent with their 'business' approach and advertise the position (albeit with 'preferred candidate identified')?

Not sure there is a legal obligation to advertise such a position. Senior roles in business like that are normally filled from someone being head-hunted.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
In my experience, a 'business' approach would be to interview for the interim and find someone very qualified who will do a fantastic job. The interim will be brilliant. However, when the permanent job comes around, the job-title will be changed and the post will be given to the unqualified and incompetent son/daughter/niece/nephew of the chief executive.

Last edited:

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
I received a reply from Mr Barber this morning, I feel I've been overlooked but appreciate him contacting me personally to let me know. (He must get a lot of this crap)

Dear Paul

Thank you for your letter concerning the position of 1st team manager.

Unfortunately, you do not have the necessary experience for this role.

We do however appreciate your interest in and support for the club.

Regards, Paul

Paul Barber
Chief Executive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here