Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When Oscar gets asked whether he would like to one day manage Barcelona...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
...how will you react? Will you acknowledge that it's a completely logical question to ask, and also that obviously yes, he would like to one day manage Barcelona, or will you whinge and whine like a little bitch?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's the people who ask this sort of question that need a strong kick in the bollocks, it's a completely unfair question to ask a (young) manager who is learning his trade at our level.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I will spit my dummy out, throw my toys out the pram and DEMAND Barber's resignation.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's the people who ask this sort of question that need a strong kick in the bollocks, it's a completely unfair question to ask a (young) manager who is learning his trade at our level.

Not at all. I'm sure they will talk to Oscar about aspects of Barcelona all the time, it's a clear and easy link. The issue is whether our fans can be grown up about it or insecure little girls.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is that really necessary? Use some welcome good news to have a pop at your fellow Brighton fans? Can't we have a day feeling good about it, before getting in to the ways to have a new row tomorrow?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
If this is true, and we have a fairly decent start to the season under him, I can see another season of ushaving to put up with our manager getting linked with every vacant managers job.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's won't be so much when's he's asked the specific question, it will be whether he takes every single opportunity to say he's only here until something better comes along and as well as Barcelona he'd like to manage .... and lists every club he's ever been involved with.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Is that really necessary? Use some welcome good news to have a pop at your fellow Brighton fans? Can't we have a day feeling good about it, before getting in to the ways to have a new row tomorrow?

But I don't want to see it happening AGAIN. That's the point.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's won't be so much when's he's asked the specific question, it will be whether he takes every single opportunity to say he's only here until something better comes along and as well as Barcelona he'd like to manage .... and lists every club he's ever been involved with.

Except you've just made that up.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tell you what though. If he asks if we have hit the roof after losing to Leeds on Aug 3rd, he's TOAST :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

I don't remember Gus ever saying he wanted to manage Swindon or Grenoble....

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Except you've just made that up.

No, no it really happened. He was ALWAYS saying he wanted to leave. He would literally knock on the journos door and tell them while also defending racists and claiming that we have no money and that Bloom is screwing him over.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I will forgive him and suggest that he make the huge leap in two stages, maybe via Leeds?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No I haven't. (See? Tooting's right! We're arguing already and he hasn't even been confirmed yet!)

You have. At no point did Gus UNPROMPTED refer to wanting to manage another club. Not once.

PLEASE can we not have this happen with Oscar?

It's clear that our fans are not used to us being a "bigger" club, and that with success will come questions of the manager's career, and possible advancements. If it's the price of success, it's well worth it, no?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if he is asked, do you want to manage Espanyol, or Catalonia how will you react?

the difference was, Gus didnt stop the journos asking. Chelsea was one thing but then he accepted the question on a half dozen other clubs and said yes. personally, i thought it fair enough and honest ambition. when it was Leeds, it started to wear thin and should have been rebuffed more, i can see why people got fed up with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here