Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Be careful of taking a tour in Madrid

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
We're going to Madrid for the first game (so far the only game) and was thinking of taking a walking tour on one morning. Having seen the itinerary I'm not so sure though...
Santa Cruz Palace
Barrio de las Letras
Plaza Santa Ana
Teatro Español
Spanish writters´ houses: Cervantes, Lope de Vega, Góngora
Life and Death of Federico García Lorca
The Congress of Deputies
The Golden Triangle of Art:
The Prado Museum
The Thyssen Museum
The Reina Sofía Museum
Paseo del Prado
The Neptune Fountain
The Cibeles Fountain and Palace
Gran Vía
The Metrópolis Building
Retiro Park
Lake and Alfonso the XII
Crystal Palace
Fallen Angel Statue

I'm definitely not walking that far - and not round there with a camera and other valuables.

el punal

We're going to Madrid for the first game (so far the only game) and was thinking of taking a walking tour on one morning. Having seen the itinerary I'm not so sure though...
Santa Cruz Palace
Barrio de las Letras
Plaza Santa Ana
Teatro Español
The Congress of Deputies
The Prado Museum
The Thyssen Museum
The Reina Sofía Museum
Paseo del Prado
The Neptune Fountain
Gran Vía
The Metrópolis Building
Retiro Park
Lake and Alfonso the XII
Crystal Palace
Fallen Angel Statue

I'm definitely not walking that far - and not round there with a camera and other valuables.

My daughter worked in Madrid and absolutely loved the place. Yes, there are some wonderful sights but be aware if you are walking the temperature in July/August is VERY hot.

I can't remember what the Madrid Crystal Palace is but if it's similar to the South London one don't buy any tourist tat like heather or second-hand tarmac.

Apart from that have a wonderful time.

Santa Cruz Palace
Barrio de las Letras
Plaza Santa Ana
Teatro Español
The Congress of Deputies
The Prado Museum
The Thyssen Museum
The Reina Sofía Museum
Paseo del Prado
The Neptune Fountain
Gran Vía
The Metrópolis Building
Retiro Park
Lake and Alfonso the XII
Crystal Palace
Fallen Angel Statue

That's ridiculous! You wouldn't do that in one morning, even in the winter. And if you tried it in mid summer you'd die!!!

Get the tourist bus or one of the horse and carriages, but NOT during the day. 10pm at night or first thing in the morning.

Madrid is hot as hell this time of the year :mad: Watch out for mad dogs and Englishmen

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Decide what you want to see and use the tourist bus. Madrid is a fantastic city, prefer it to Barcelona personally.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
madrid is lame......goverment buildings....wooo......most people hide in the nice park.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Awful place. I went to Madrid to see the mighty Wanderers give Athletico a footballing lesson. We were plagued by pickpockets (especially on the underground ), attacked by the police, the locals were miserable as sin, & when i thought it could get no worse, I found a fried egg floating in the bottom of my soup !!

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Awful place. I went to Madrid to see the mighty Wanderers give Athletico a footballing lesson. We were plagued by pickpockets (especially on the underground ), attacked by the police, the locals were miserable as sin, & when i thought it could get no worse, I found a fried egg floating in the bottom of my soup !!

Pickpockets also prevalent at pedestrian crossings, one pushing a piece of cardboard into your stomach whilst another has a dip.

Jun 24, 2010
Goring

Were you eating your soup in the anti gravity treadmill?

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

Nice....but how does an egg FLOAT at the BOTTOM of a soup bowl?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Santa Cruz Palace
Barrio de las Letras
Plaza Santa Ana
Teatro Español
The Congress of Deputies
The Prado Museum
The Thyssen Museum
The Reina Sofía Museum
Paseo del Prado
The Neptune Fountain
Gran Vía
The Metrópolis Building
Retiro Park
Lake and Alfonso the XII
Crystal Palace
Fallen Angel Statue

My tour would have to start at the Plaza Mayor and have a cold Mahou and then a long lunch at the Museo del Jamon over the road back for another couple of beers in the square & back across the road for dinner at at the oldest restaurant in the World, back to the square for a beer, back across the road for night time churros then back to the lit up square for a nightcap. Distance covered 400 yards all day

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here