Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Injury updates

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From the website:

Albion’s injured players are all making excellent progress in the treatment room as the rest of the squad report back for pre-season training.

Long term absentees Craig Mackail-Smith (Achilles) and Will Hoskins (knee) continue their recovery from the injuries that curtailed both their 2012/13 campaigns.

Mackail-Smith has been increasing his pace on the anti-gravity treadmill and if his progress continues in the same manner, the striker will be aiming to start running on his full weight in the next two weeks.

He told seagulls.co.uk, "I am doing well, it's a slow process as we are making sure the foundations are right as you have to make sure the ankle is strong before I put full weight on it.

"My ankle gets stiff in the morning and the evening, but that is normal because there has been a big trauma. Once I get going on it then it’s alright. I am walking normally now.

"I am happy with how it is going and I hope to get some minutes on the pitch in August but the main aim is to be fully fit by the end of September. Anything earlier is a bonus."

Meanwhile, Hoskins is already running and will take part in aspects of the pre-season schedule, as well as completing extra work on his knee after surgery to replace his anterior cruciate ligament.

Scotland international Liam Bridcutt, who had to withdraw from his most recent call-up to Gordon Strachan’s side after surgery on an old foot injury, will also feature during pre-season and should be fit for the opening Championship game at Leeds.

Skipper Gordon Greer has also made a successful recovery from knee surgery and has reported back for the full pre-season programme along with the rest of the squad.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/injury-updates-880434.aspx#XE0JLoBkpaPGUADK.99

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Good to see Hoskins is back and running. Could he be ready for Aug 3rd?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here