Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Not been on here for some time now and how times have changed..

Yes we have reached the promised land although it is going to be very hard to stay there, but at least we will get some long awaited funds behind us now, and finally be able to some much needed improvements around Selhurst.

Now on to Brighton...

I honestly think next year will be a very tough Championship. QPR, Bolton, Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Wigan, Reading to name a few will all be strong, plus a few others improving too.

I believe the play offs will be out of reach next year for you as I think a few key players could go such as Bridcutt, plus losing Bridge will leave a big hole.

The Poyet saga could also become an unwanted distraction too, you need to get that sorted asap, as it could get nasty in the press otherwise.

You will need to tighten the purse strings too as I think your crowds will drop a little from last year.

I don't believe you will have to worry about relegation, but knowing this league so well after many years trying to get out, I just think this year will be much harder for you.

Saying that I think out of all the play off teams last season, Watford could be in a world of trouble next year and could be a decent bet for relegation...

Be interested to see what your feelings are towards next year.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Far too early to say for us, will have a better idea in a couple of weeks - try asking then.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My prediction for next season are a lot of goals in Spironi's net.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think you may be right, but the clubs that came down last year with the parachute payments did bugger all so that is not to say that qpr/reading etc will go straight back up, but I would very uh doubt it. To be honest if you remember reading the year they went up, we're not all that really.

My Watford mate says that all the players they wanted to keep will sign instead of being on loan and the owners have told them they will have many more to choose from, so I still think they will be ther or there abouts.

I get the horrible feeling that the team that Gus built will be dismantled...just a hunch really, but I hope we continue to play the stuff we have been doing for the last three years.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
hoping u get smashed every week and get releated by xmas

I expected that comment, but maybe not so soon !

I must be honest, we need some serious signings and quick as our squad is too small currently, Would love Bridcutt if available...

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
I think you may be right, but the clubs that came down last year with the parachute payments did bugger all so that is not to say that qpr/reading etc will go straight back up, but I would very uh doubt it. To be honest if you remember reading the year they went up, we're not all that really.

My Watford mate says that all the players they wanted to keep will sign instead of being on loan and the owners have told them they will have many more to choose from, so I still think they will be ther or there abouts.

I get the horrible feeling that the team that Gus built will be dismantled...just a hunch really, but I hope we continue to play the stuff we have been doing for the last three years.

That's interesting about Watford, I thought they would be a shell of a side compared to last season.

Blackburn will be stronger next year too, forgot about them, and Forest too...blimey really going to be tough.

I think to carry on your style will need a good manager...I reckon you will look overseas.

I cant see how Pardew would work with his Palace connections. Recipe for a disaster that one!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Blackburn will be stronger next year too, forgot about them, and Forest too...blimey really going to be tough.

Hey, every year there's one really mediocre team that scrapes promotion from this league, so, you know, there's still plenty of reason for optimism :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Yes we have reached the promised land although it is going to be very hard to stay there, but at least we will get some long awaited funds behind us now, and finally be able to some much needed improvements around Selhurst.

Now on to Brighton...

I honestly think next year will be a very tough Championship. QPR, Bolton, Leicester, Ipswich, Leeds, Wigan, Reading to name a few will all be strong, plus a few others improving too.

I believe the play offs will be out of reach next year for you as I think a few key players could go such as Bridcutt, plus losing Bridge will leave a big hole.

The Poyet saga could also become an unwanted distraction too, you need to get that sorted asap, as it could get nasty in the press otherwise.

You will need to tighten the purse strings too as I think your crowds will drop a little from last year.

I don't believe you will have to worry about relegation, but knowing this league so well after many years trying to get out, I just think this year will be much harder for you.

Saying that I think out of all the play off teams last season, Watford could be in a world of trouble next year and could be a decent bet for relegation...

Ipswich?!

You didn't have a lot of cred before that, even less now.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You think our crowds will drop? Based on the fact that we've already sold more season tickets for next season, I think you're wrong.

We won't 'lose' Bridcutt or Buckley. Both have long contracts so will require a nice fat transfer fee - money that can be used to strengthen the squad.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Ipswich?!

You didn't have a lot of cred before that, even less now.

I seriously think they will be much stronger next year.... I think a safe bet to finish above you next year. Strong manager that is proven in this division, money to spend, good loyal fans and a squad that should have performed far better last year.

Oh and you may need to change your signature, bit out of date pal!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I seriously think they will be much stronger next year.... I think a safe bet to finish above you next year. Strong manager that is proven in
Oh and you may need to change your signature, bit out of date pal!

Then again, 90% of football fans would have put Palace in the bottom half at the start of last season, so it just goes to show predictions can easily turn out to be rubbish.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
You think our crowds will drop? Based on the fact that we've already sold more season tickets for next season, I think you're wrong.

We won't 'lose' Bridcutt or Buckley. Both have long contracts so will require a nice fat transfer fee - money that can be used to strengthen the squad.

Good season tickets are fair enough, but there will be more non season ticket holders staying away when the results aren't as consistent as last year....just a hunch.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Good season tickets are fair enough, but there will be more non season ticket holders staying away when the results aren't as consistent as last year....just a hunch.

Look, I hate all this willy waving when it comes to attendances, but, as you mentioned it, let's face it, the crowds here will still be, in all probability, larger than those at your place, so...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Now on to Brighton...

Thank you for your insightful words / thoughts Einsten. You can piss off back to the hole you crawled out of now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd worry more about your own team pal. How is Glenn? :rave:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

We only need to sell 3,000 every game to match last seasons sales, and that includes away fans. I think you might have to wait at least one more season for that.

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
Thank you for your insightful words / thoughts Einsten. You can piss off back to the hole you crawled out of now.

No...I will stay on here and wind you up as I have clearly struck a nerve.

I could have used your language but I refrained from this rather than come on here rubbing your noses in it with all the mess your club is in!

Threeagles

Dec 1, 2012
I'd worry more about your own team pal. How is Glenn? :rave:

Knackered, but will always be the best free signing we are likely to make for many years....and the worst business you have done also !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here