Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton vacancy

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
This is the email that my son sent to the club today applying for the current managers vacancy. He did receive a reply stating they were not interested but what he wrote was priceless.

To whom it may concern

I would hereby like to express my interest in the vacant managers position at Brighton and Hove Albion FC

My CV will be available on request however I would like to take this opportunity to give you a brief overview of my footballing background.

I have a wealth of experience in management, predominantly at Sunday league level. My modern approach, footballing philosophy and tactical know how has earned me great recognition at local level. Now I believe I am ready to transfer this onto the big stage. Furthermore, the manner in which I took Woking FC from the Blue Square Premier to Champions League winners in just five seasons on Football Manager 2008 only serves to emphasise my credentials. During this phase in my career I developed a keen eye in identifying up and coming young talent on a shoe string budget. With FFP imminent I feel this would prove invaluable to your club.

I have researched the club in great detail and I know how proud everyone at Brighton and Hove Albion is of your footballing philosophy. Rest assured I have the same passion and would ensure this identity remains in situ.

Once again, my CV is available on request.

I look forward to hearing your response

Kind Regards

Mr Graham Harris

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is this the sort of application Dick Knight used to talk about when he said we received 50-odd applications for managerial vacancies?

Also, is this one of those things where parents think that crayon scrawl is great art?

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Is this the sort of application Dick Knight used to talk about when he said we received 50-odd applications for managerial vacancies?

Also, is this one of those things where parents think that crayon scrawl is great art?

No am just a parent with a sense of humour you should go try to find one, its actually quite fun

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Excellent! I've thought about doing this myself on several occassions, just so that I can frame and mount the rejection letter on the wall, presuming I'd get one that is. Let us know how he gets on - "Graham Harris' Blue and White Army!!!"

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Didn't a young kid do the same thing with the Doncaster job last year?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This is the email that my son sent to the club today applying for the current managers vacancy. He did receive a reply stating they were not interested but what he wrote was priceless.

Flip me! The time must just fly by in your house!

You don't have to be crazy to live here but it helps!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here