Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Resturant for Birthday Meal

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
So it's my birthday next week, and I'm going out for a meal on Saturday. The problem is, I'm not quite sure where I want to go.

I'm sort of up for anything, but nothing too pricey. I'm not really fussed if it's a chain or not, just somewhere that can keep about 10 people reasonably happy.

I really want to try Smokeys, but it seems a little bit above what I'd like to pay. I know people on here have been, so is it worth the price? Also how is the place for size? It's not a long way above what my friends and I would like to pay, so it's just a question of how good the food is.

I've enjoyed Las Iguanas in the past too, and am thinking about going there, or somewhere similar if anyone has suggestions in that kind of vein.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Call them and see if they can do a set menu for a deal. They should come up with something as 10 covers is a lot of customers. Las Iguanas IMO is a disappointment. Coast 2 coast is pretty good anf they can handle large groups.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Cote is fast turning into a pasty family favourite. Yes, it's a chain, but the food has been excellent each time we've been there and it's not overly pricey. Nice ambiance in there too, they've captured the whole French Brasserie thing very well.

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Try Topolino Duo. The owner, Angelo, is a great Albion fan and used to sponsor the player of the season award at The Withdean. My son had his birthday there for 25 guests and it was a great success.

Happy Birthday

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sabai around the back of the Royal Pavilion is also a very good bet for Thai food. Always delicious. Intimate little place but big enough to cater for 10 if you book in advance.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
How about going Greek?. Simple fresh food and never too expensive. Theo the owner of the Archipelego at Norfolk Square is a great host. Small and cosy but easily able to accommodate a party of ten if reserved in advance.

Steki's another Greek establishment opposite the West Pier is also a good choice. A former favourite of mine the Estia at Hampton Place has in my opinion gone downhill recently and is probably best avoided. Enjoy!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here