Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone else got a defribulator? (ICD)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I know people that have them, a treat I am yet to experience, they certainly have a big kick when they fire I am told

I have had 28 shocks now in the last 4 years, they range from 2 I have slept through, to one that knocked a filling out, thankfully I have only been awake for one

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
My partner had one fitted three months ago after she "died" in front of me on Christmas Eve. I owe Vinney Jones a pint or two as if it had not been for his advert on TV I would not have known what to do.
The ambulance crew were fantastic when they arrived and spent two and a half hours, shocking her 12 times before making the dash to the hospital. She was in a coma for 3 weeks and in hospital for 3 months before they could fit the ICD together with a biventricular pacemaker. As yet she has not suffered a shock but they have warned her it does go off with a bit of a bang!! but she is just very happy to still be alive.
Good luck to you with yours.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
My dear now-sadly departed Mum had one fitted after a heart-attack.

She had another heart-attack when we were out one day, and it fired, and saved her life. She didn't realise about anything that had gone on, so all I can say it works if you have to have one :smile:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I have a pacemaker. Wouldn't know it was there apart from feeling the lump in my chest. When I didn't have it, I once died in Bournemouth's car park, and people complain about the time it takes to get out of Bennets field.
There's probably a skeleton or two still sitting in their car in that car park, we will find out on the 30th of November. :)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really don't fancy it at all, I hope if things get worse for me I get a transplant before they place a tiny bomb in my chest, sorry don't want to make you feel worse:blush:

I'm sorry that you are ill enough to need one, luckily, my condition means I am fine 99.9999999999 % of the time, then I get a cardiac arrythmia, that does its best to kill me.if you do have to have one, there is no pain involved in the shock, but, by Christ it does make you jump, and afterwards, sleeping is very difficult ,what with all the adrenaline going through you. It is better than the alternative tho

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
My partner had one fitted three months ago after she "died" in front of me on Christmas Eve. I owe Vinney Jones a pint or two as if it had not been for his advert on TV I would not have known what to do.
The ambulance crew were fantastic when they arrived and spent two and a half hours, shocking her 12 times before making the dash to the hospital. She was in a coma for 3 weeks and in hospital for 3 months before they could fit the ICD together with a biventricular pacemaker. As yet she has not suffered a shock but they have warned her it does go off with a bit of a bang!! but she is just very happy to still be alive.
Good luck to you with yours.

Those adverts are brilliant, they have saved so many lives!

CPR is really easy to learn and the more people that know how to do it the more lives that can be saved.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Just as an update, I had another shock at 6·15this morning, making 30 cardiac arrests, and 29 shocks,to date.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Those adverts are brilliant, they have saved so many lives!

CPR is really easy to learn and the more people that know how to do it the more lives that can be saved.

Aren't they just? I can still hear the ah ah ah ah staying alive, staying alive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here