Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reading and Real Mallorca have offered contracts to Lopez

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I have second hand, although reliable info that Real Mallorca and Reading have offered contracts to David Lopez.

I don't know too much about the Reading offer although I would imagine Wayne Bridge will put a good word in. My info has actually come from the Spanish deal.

Lopez was offered a deal by the Spanish club before the end of last season. It was rejected in the hope of EPL football with Brighton. Aparently after the play off defeat and suspension of GP a new offer was made. In the last 2 weeks an offer has also been made by Reading.

It is thought that Lopez was waiting until our managerial situation was resolved before making a decision, however now it has been announced that our permenant manager won't be in place for another 3 weeks Lopez is not keen to wait another 3 weeks.

I don't really want to disclose my source but will if some goons are going to piss their pants about it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Oh well, looks like it's adios Spanish Dave then. :down:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Real Mallorca got relegated. Spanish second tier isn't anything like the English second tier, professionally or financially.

If we offer two years - he'll stay. Reading offrr nothing. We have Calderon. And a beach.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I actually hate Reading. Tin pot noddy club with a wanker in the hot seat!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You were doing well, until the 'waiting 3 weeks for a manager' thing.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We WILL overhaul Reading soon and put an end to them cherry picking our players and targets. Then Norwich :thumbsup:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
however now it has been announced that our permenant manager won't be in place for another 3 weeks Lopez is not keen to wait another 3 weeks.

No it hasn't.

Spanish Dave may leave (and it would be awful if he went to Reading) - but if he does it will have nothing to do with that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have second hand, although reliable info that Real Mallorca and Reading have offered contracts to David Lopez.

I don't know too much about the Reading offer although I would imagine Wayne Bridge will put a good word in. My info has actually come from the Spanish deal.

Lopez was offered a deal by the Spanish club before the end of last season. It was rejected in the hope of EPL football with Brighton. Aparently after the play off defeat and suspension of GP a new offer was made. In the last 2 weeks an offer has also been made by Reading.

It is thought that Lopez was waiting until our managerial situation was resolved before making a decision, however now it has been announced that our permenant manager won't be in place for another 3 weeks Lopez is not keen to wait another 3 weeks.

I don't really want to disclose my source but will if some goons are going to piss their pants about it.

''goons are going to piss in there pants'' who might they be?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then us ? :smile:

I thought we were close to doing that this season, then came that fateful evening, followed by another non appearance on the day by Watford :down:

We'll be back for you though

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009

But what does he actually do? (well somebody had to say it!!!)

Goldstone76

Jun 13, 2013
And so we make a better offer than we have made. Im damn sure TB wont want to lose Dave so hopefully upping the deal and if it is Oscar then that will change his thoughts back to the Albion Im sure. Do they even speak Spanish in Reading? As for Mallorca.. its an island considerably warmer than Brighton .. will he want to play poorer football and get lost in a Spanish 2nd tier league?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Statements put out by the club have suggested that the management issue has not affected player contracts and transfer dealings. Clearly, we need to re-sign Spanish Dave, I assume the club think that way too and, with a £500,000 profit on the Dobbie deal burning a hole, we can afford to make a decent offer.

I just hope he sticks around until he knows who the next permanent manager will be. It would be a shame to see him leave just days before OGJ signs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last season we finished 4th in the Championship, playing good attractive football, with some 'cheap' imports.

There must be at least 30 clubs, in this country alone casting an eye over our players and their contract situation.

These threads seem pretty pointless to me, and I see absolutely no point getting het up about it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here