Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interim Boss by Thursday. (Hopefully)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not McGhee though. I wonder who he has upset.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Christ the appeal can last up to three weeks. Talk about dragging on.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i wonder what they mean by this Chief executive Paul Barber, in an open letter to fans, said Albion want to appoint an “experienced” interim, which appears to rule out Oscar Garcia and Tim Sherwood, the frontrunners for the job on a permanent basis

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
i wonder what they mean by this Chief executive Paul Barber, in an open letter to fans, said Albion want to appoint an “experienced” interim, which appears to rule out Oscar Garcia and Tim Sherwood, the frontrunners for the job on a permanent basis

The way I read it is they want an experienced manager to act as interim rather than a manager who is experienced at acting as an interim, I could well be wrong though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The way I read it is they want an experienced manager to act as interim rather than a manager who is experienced at acting as an interim, I could well be wrong though.

That's the way I see it too. I really hope that is the case as it would mean they would be a candidate for the main job and we could start to plan for the season.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

It was ambiguous and could be read either way. I read it as an experienced manager who can act as interim. Surely there aren't that many managers who have been officially interim.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It was ambiguous and could be read either way. I read it as an experienced manager who can act as interim. Surely there aren't that many managers who have been officially interim.

Off the top of my head I can only think of Rafa Benitez and that was for more than just a few weeks, My gut feeling is that whoever takes over as interim will be the man they want full time anyway.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If i am correct Mr Bloom was asked about that in the interview and he didnt seem to rule out the 'interim' manager being the 'manager' after that

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Bloom seem to hint that it will be interim moving to permanent. Just a feeling when he was talking transfers. I thought experienced manager rather than experienced interim, rules out sherwood as does the fact he is employed. Think it could be hoddle, just a guess.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
Bloom seem to hint that it will be interim moving to permanent. Just a feeling when he was talking transfers. I thought experienced manager rather than experienced interim, rules out sherwood as does the fact he is employed. Think it could be hoddle, just a guess.
i hope not dont want hoddle

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My understanding of "experienced" would be someone who has been a Manager before, so that can include Oscar but not Sherwood. Otherwise how many years of being a Manager would be classed as being experienced?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here