Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Tony Bloom let his heart rule his head?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
This is a question not an opinion. Every club would love a Tony Bloom, he is Brighton through and through but does that cloud his judgement at times?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Surely if he ruled with his heart he would given Gus the budget that he wanted and risk an FFP meltdown later on?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No person with his wealth, lets their heart rule their head.

That's why he has money, and we don't.

He did when he took over The Albion and built The Amex, I believe he said it was the only business decision he's ever made on an emotional level.

God bless that man.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think that Tony does get emotionally involved and that, because of this, he was finding it hard to manage Gus from a business perspective. With FFP he knew this had to be done, and it was ONE of the reasons that he recognised he would need to recruit a very good CEO.

(Just my thoughts :wink:)

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The reason we have Barber is because Bloom is not a person with a strong 'management' style, and he needed someone to do the dirty work and make the tough decisions for him.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think that Tony does get emotionally involved and that, because of this, he was finding it hard to manage Gus from a business perspective. He knew this had to be done, and it was ONE of the reasons that he recognised he would need to recruit a very good CEO.

(Just my thoughts :wink:)

As part of my thorough investigations into the mind of Tony Bloom (as thorough as the club's investigation into Gus, Tanno and Charlie) I have discovered that Tony Bloom's Zodiac sign is Pisces (20th March is the last day of this sign in fact).

Through this, I can assert that just like most Pisces, Bloom is a mysterious and alluring individual who is most extremely talented. But even though he is gifted in many ways, he still manages to spend most of their lives battling "confusing" situations. Pisces is the sign symbolised by the image of two fish. Their symbol depicts one fish heading upward, the other pulling downward. This mirrors how Pisceans are frequently torn between two pathways in life, or actually do live two very different existences at the same time.

This zodiac sign is acknowledged as being the Saint and the Sinner rolled into one; the trendsetter of fashion or art, the lost soul, the philosopher and the psychotic and the visionary. As a credit to him, considering his many vulnerable characteristics; Bloom, like most Pisceans, is incredibly adaptable and resilient. He is to be found leading the field in many diverse areas of life and many Pisces, such as him, can be found represented amongst top business millionaires.

The Piscean's inner quest to explore their "ivory tower" syndrome can lead them into some most unusual and unlikely living conditions. Of all the signs of the zodiac, Pisces are the ones who end up in the most muddles over the years of their lives. They fantasise about situations, people and particularly romance - and because they spend so much time in their own form of 'fantasy land' this can catch them short in other more worldly areas.

If you wish to find out more, such as how compatible your star sign is with Bloom's, please call the Seagulls Line on 0898 800 609 (calls charged at 33p per min off peak and at 44p at all other times)

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
As part of my thorough investigations into the mind of Tony Bloom (as thorough as the club's investigation into Gus, Tanno and Charlie) I have discovered that Tony Bloom's Zodiac sign is Pisces (20th March is the last day of this sign in fact).

Through this, I can assert that just like most Pisces, Bloom is a mysterious and alluring individual who is most extremely talented. But even though he is gifted in many ways, he still manages to spend most of their lives battling "confusing" situations. Pisces is the sign symbolised by the image of two fish. Their symbol depicts one fish heading upward, the other pulling downward. This mirrors how Pisceans are frequently torn between two pathways in life, or actually do live two very different existences at the same time.

This zodiac sign is acknowledged as being the Saint and the Sinner rolled into one; the trendsetter of fashion or art, the lost soul, the philosopher and the psychotic and the visionary. As a credit to him, considering his many vulnerable characteristics; Bloom, like most Pisceans, is incredibly adaptable and resilient. He is to be found leading the field in many diverse areas of life and many Pisces, such as him, can be found represented amongst top business millionaires.

The Piscean's inner quest to explore their "ivory tower" syndrome can lead them into some most unusual and unlikely living conditions. Of all the signs of the zodiac, Pisces are the ones who end up in the most muddles over the years of their lives. They fantasise about situations, people and particularly romance - and because they spend so much time in their own form of 'fantasy land' this can catch them short in other more worldly areas.

If you wish to find out more, such as how compatible your star sign is with Bloom's, please call the Seagulls Line on 0898 800 609 (calls charged at 33p per min off peak and at 44p at all other times)

Hahaha

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The reason we have Barber is because Bloom is not a person with a strong 'management' style, and he needed someone to do the dirty work and make the tough decisions for him.

It also means Bloom is free to do other things (non BHAFC related) and doesn't have to worry about the day to day running of the club. There aren't many club owners who don't appoint a chief exec to deal with that sort of stuff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here