Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tannio as interim manager

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With all this talk of getting in someone until someone else is appointed, why not stick with tannio?

He knows the players, he knows the set up, he is still being paid and we won't have to lash out on someone for a few weeks until the announcement is made.

Shirley this makes sense to let him look after things for a while. After all, it looks like it will be just for the friendlies and possibly the Spanish tour then we can take our time in getting the right man in!

Just a thought

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
do you think his heart will be in it knowing his best mate has just been sacked?

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Do you really think he would accept? Maybe he would, but as a good friend of poyet, i'm very much sure he would turn it down even if we offered it to him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't think he woulda urn it down I think he is a pragmatist and at the end of the day, unless poyet jumps into another job and takes him as assistant, he would be cutting off his nose to spite his face.

It ticks all the boxes for me....and also he has been cleared of all charges, so would he want to be tarnished with the mud being hurled at poyet?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
As a side note ( I have probably missed this) has any mention been made about Oatways future? I assume he is still under suspension or has a decision been made and I've missed it?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a bad bad idea.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
he obviously wouldn't, surprised he hasn't resigned already to be honest

Why obviously wouldn't? He was reinstated a couple of weeks ago..if he wanted to go he would have done so. He still needs to draw his pay check.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here