Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be happy with Mark McGhee as interim manager ?

• Yes

Votes: 66 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 39.8%
  • Someone else - state

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Could do a decent holding job imo.

Yes, No or any other suggestions ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes, but its not necessary when you can get in the future manager instead. i think we all know McGhee isnt going to be that man.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes but wasn't it Bloom who either sacked him or was the one who put the pressure on for him to be sacked? Unlikely but I like MM and would be totally comfortable with him in charge for a few weeks.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Decent of Mark to offer. Sure he will get a wage but this guy has only ever wanted the best for BHAFC. I like him, a lot.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
No -it would be pointless. We might as well hold out for the preferred choice whoever that is.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London

Could do a decent holding job imo.

Yes, No or any other suggestions ?

My season ticket will be going back to the club and I will play football on Saturday instead.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Decent of Mark to offer. Sure he will get a wage but this guy has only ever wanted the best for BHAFC. I like him, a lot.
TBH I don't think he offered as such, the Argus rang him up and put him on the spot. Admittedly it was nice of him to say he'd help as opposed to laughing in our faces.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My season ticket will be going back to the club and I will play football on Saturday instead.

A holding job, not permanent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they will struggle to get someone in as interim who will then carry on if the appeal goes their way, we will not meet the new permanent boss until it's all over so McGhee will be fine for a few weeks

Whatever the result of any appeal Gus Poyet will not be managing at this club again, although he may go starry eyed and tell everyone how much he loves usnand and how he would relish another job here...when he comes here as manager of Bristol City or a similar club in the future:wink:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Whatever the result of any appeal Gus Poyet will not be managing at this club again

I agree but if I was OGJ, even if I want to manage Brighton in the long run I would not be willing to become interim manager with this appeal hanging over the situation. I would prefer to wait until it's all over and then take over.
Since the first club statement I have always thought the interim manager and the new permanent manager would not be the same person.
You are right Gus is done with Brighton, any appeal is about pride and money.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The thing that puts me off McGhee is how poor his Aberdeen side were that he brought to Withdean in that pre season friendly. Truly awful.

He had a shocker at Bristol Rovers as well but has a decent track record with teams in the Championship and getting them up to speed. The guy gets a bum rap on here but I remember him working relentlessly and going on numerous marches for Falmer and he does not get enough credit for what he did here imo.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
This is blatantly what will happen as I've been saying since the statement was released 24hrs.
It amazes me that so many on here fail to grasp this.
Indeed. But as I said: blame the Argus. They just wanted to get another angle on the story to keep the interest going if we all get tired of discussing the semantics of 'pending/impending'. Surprised they didn't get a quote off Deam Wilkins as well , now that WOULD have been interesting!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I agree but if I was OGJ, even if I want to manage Brighton in the long run I would not be willing to become interim manager with this appeal hanging over the situation. I would prefer to wait until it's all over and then take over.
Since the first club statement I have always thought the interim manager and the new permanent manager would not be the same person.
You are right Gus is done with Brighton, any appeal is about pride and money.

You are OGJ and I claim the £5 :lol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here