Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Little Consolation

el punal

In this dark period of GusGate I thought this snippet might cheer you up:

Yesterday I was at my grandson's birthday party :drink:. One of the dads attending was a Palace fan :eek: , and to be honest is a really smashing bloke. So being the gentleman that I am I offered my congratulations :sick: on his team's promotion via the play-offs :tantrum:.

Thanking me for this kind gesture he confessed that he could not believe that they had it in them following their awful previous couple of months.

Still, I continued, how do you think Palace :ffsparr: will fare in the Premier League? Oh, they'll come straight back down :thumbsup: he replied.

Really, how so? I asked. A bit like Blackpool.

No. He answered. Like Derby - with the lowest points total ever, we're absolute :shit:

See you in a year's time, I concluded. :wink: :clap: :O

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
We may well do but given Holloway's propensity to attacking football if we manage to get hold of one or two decent strikers we might surprise a few teams.

Given the giant screw up that has been BHA after the Palace semi final where do you see your team going this season? Straight up, in or around the play off places, consolidating in midtable or fighting a relegation battle?

My prediction for next season is Palace finishing just above the relegation zone as I genuinely believe we are only a few players in key positions away from being a superb championship team which would put us somewhere between 18th and 14th in the prem.

Brighton I believe will end up consolidating as I suspect due to the farce of the close season some players will be wanting to get away from it.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We may well do but given Holloway's propensity to attacking football if we manage to get hold of one or two decent strikers we might surprise a few teams.

Given the giant screw up that has been BHA after the Palace semi final where do you see your team going this season? Straight up, in or around the play off places, consolidating in midtable or fighting a relegation battle?

My prediction for next season is Palace finishing just above the relegation zone as I genuinely believe we are only a few players in key positions away from being a superb championship team which would put us somewhere between 18th and 14th in the prem.

Brighton I believe will end up consolidating as I suspect due to the farce of the close season some players will be wanting to get away from it.

I am only going to say it one more time, its not a farce or a joke or embarrasing, its a situation that has Cropped up and being handled properly. The timing is not good and i think there is more to it than meets the eye, but i gave confidence that the board know exactly what they are doing and we will end up better and stronger than ever with a manager that can take us up and keep us there. The players will be waiting to see who the next manager is before handing in transfers and i think it will be someone who will make them want to stay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here