Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Legal Eagles - Groupon

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've tried a Google but can't find the answer.

Quick overview - brought a car wash offer from Groupon. Went to get it done and the car wash company has closed down.

I'm going to claim a refund from Groupon ( as it was them I brought it from ) but can I claim costs under what presumably would the the Sales of Goods Act in this case ?

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire

Quick overview - brought a car wash offer from Groupon. Went to get it done and the car wash company has closed down.

I'm going to claim a refund from Groupon ( as it was them I brought it from ) but can I claim costs under what presumably would the the Sales of Goods Act in this case ?
Might be better to ask on the Crystal Palace Forums. They do seem more informed about Groupon than we are!! :)

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I wouldn't know but I would assume that Groupon would have a disclaimer for this exact eventuality that would exclude them from being liable for refund

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't know but I would assume that Groupon would have a disclaimer for this exact eventuality that would exclude them from being liable for refund

Thankfully they do offer refunds for vouchers that can't be used due to the end business closing down.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
It's good and services non-received.

They should refund you, but you have the option of pursuing it through your credit card company under section 75 of the credit card consumer act although they may try to call a tri-party agreement.

You'll get your money back.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Only ever bought one thing of Groupon, bought what I thought was a right bargain of a meal (can't remember where) in Brighton. Had to eat before 8, place didn't open until ten!

Couldn't be bothered to do anything about it for the sake of £18!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles

Somewhat bizarrely I did exactly the same thing! It's the one under sainsburys by Lewes road right? I actually went to use it and was told they were fully booked even thiugh you couldn't book! Anyway, had planned to use it this week as it expired but only today did I get a full refund paid via PayPal, even though I didn't request one! I had no idea they had closed down though...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here