Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are all the big clubs?...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
...beating down Gus's door now he's available and compensation-free?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You mean all the clubs that have managers in place but might have considered a free and available Gus if they were looking?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Was that the plan?.....Get himself and his team sacked by refusing to carry out essential duties (i e the retained list) Then as a free agent during the Summer just wait for the juicy job offers that would pour in.....

Trouble was that he was only suspended and any potential employer faced a protracted legal battle to get him. And anyway the jobs went elsewhere .

Now, he is unemployed and there are no current attractive jobs - in England anyway...Just my musings on the matter ???

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's well set for the clubs that sack in a panic in the autumn. Personally, I expect him to find himself at a Championship club with deep pockets and ambition. If teh bet was available, I would have some money on him showing up at QPR after Redknapp storms out.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
He's well set for the clubs that sack in a panic in the autumn. Personally, I expect him to find himself at a Championship club with deep pockets and ambition. If teh bet was available, I would have some money on him showing up at QPR after Redknapp storms out.

A swap?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was that the plan?.....Get himself and his team sacked by refusing to carry out essential duties (i e the retained list) Then as a free agent during the Summer just wait for the juicy job offers that would pour in.....

Trouble was that he was only suspended and any potential employer faced a protracted legal battle to get him. And anyway the jobs went elsewhere .

Now, he is unemployed and there are no current attractive jobs - in England anyway...Just my musings on the matter ???
How very cynical of you, as if Gus could be that calculating. :wink:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

God, I hope not. If TB lost patience with Poyets moaning about insufficient budget, and the need to sign more players, then I can't see him even considering 'Arry.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

And I don't. To build a Gus team takes time, commitment and personnel changes. Championship clubs with deep pockets want to get promoted this year - not in three years time. That was why the BHA project was so perfect for Gus but tragically he could not see that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here