Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clothes Moth INVASION

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hundreds of the b4stards. How best to get rid of the little shits while I still have some decent clothes left?

sfi6ix.jpg

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Or you could get a team of legal people involved, suspend the moths for an indefinite period of time, get a notice served on them and eventually they will leave!! this process may take some time though.......

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've had my belly-full of the wee buggers too. I've found their numbers have dwindled recently after spending 15 minutes a day in full Terminator mode: clapping them viciously into oblivion. I've also discovered they seem to enjoy committing hari-kari‎ if you leave a drop of water in your bath too, although I don't think my methods will interrupt the onset of more of their kind hatching out & pissing me off further tbh. :annoyed:

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
You need Pest control to treat. I do believe a company called Rokill based round your way are pretty good and fairly priced! Give them a call.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Or you could get a team of legal people involved, suspend the moths for an indefinite period of time, get a notice served on them and eventually they will leave!! this process may take some time though.......

..depends if they're "real" moths or just pending.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Tell them that your neighbours are snobs and have high end luxury designer clothes, the best that money can buy. They would surely prefere to dine on those. :p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A product called DOOM used to be good. Not sure if you can still get it but it killed any insect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are they clothes moths, or these, a meal (or grain) moth?

View attachment 44134

They are LITTLE, and they make holes in clothes*. That's about all I can tell you. No more than about 8mm long.

They only like NICE clothes too. In my room they carefully chose the lambswool jumper over the old painting / gardening jumpers, and in my lad's room were thoughtful enough to ignore all the old gear and go stright for his brand new superdry top that he blew last month's pocket-money on.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Okay - the way to tell is that a meal moth has a very definite change in colour about half way down it's wings (see first pic)whilst a clothes moth does not. (see below)

The-common-clothes-moth-008.jpg

They are LITTLE, and they make holes in clothes*. That's about all I can tell you. No more than about 8mm long.

They only like NICE clothes too. In my room they carefully chose the lambswool jumper over the old painting / gardening jumpers, and in my lad's room were thoughtful enough to ignore all the old gear and go stright for his brand new superdry top that he blew last month's pocket-money on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here