Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A bit more perspective...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I support the club, the club is not perfect. For example; I did not support the decision to sack Dean Wilkins, which was never r e a l l y explained now was it!?!? Now as a "big" (ahem) club with a well known and decent manager, we are part of the modern football media circus. I (personally) have no desire to partake in sensationalism, based on the need for blood in the world of football.

Last night actually made me angry, not on the part of the club but on behalf of The BBC and Gus who agreed to discuss (and seek to generate sympathy) something that was between himself, the club and our supporters etc. Of interest to others yes, but other people may have chosen to refrain from commenting until they were fully aware of the facts. Personally listening to Gus openly advertise his skills and desires to others this season in the media, both local and national, left a sour taste and last night he clearly felt how I felt when he talked himself up throughout the season.

What I'm struggling to comprehend is how so many fans can take the Gus view so quickly, especially bearing in mind the abject performance against Palace and the fallout. The constant "I would love to manage this club and that club... etc." Yes he was/is a great Albion manager, the best in my living memory - alas he's done something seriously wrong, or are we now suggesting he's totally in the dark with regard to this whole process?!?

Watching the MOTD footage again, it's a rehearsed discussion, with a well planned and executed response. 10 out of 10 for the acting, 10 out of 10 for the shoulder shrugging victim akin to a "I never touched him" school of Italian defending blatant foul. He knew it was coming, (or pending) the only shocking thing was the timing - or was it?!? given his love of openly discussing his future in the media I, again personally, find the irony rather amusing in a bittersweet manner.

In the end all that matters is the club, my club the mighty Albion.

Kosh

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Perspective is the key.

Once upon a time we were managed by Brian Clough. He told us that he was bigger than Brighton but how many people knew that or cared in the 30,000 at the last game?

Gus did a superb job for us; introduced the passing game and gained promotion but he's also made it very clear this year that he, like Cloughie, is bigger than Brighton.

Many fans want to move on, all of us will in the end, it's just that some will take far longer to accept it.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here