Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When does pending become a certainty?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It's what I kind of thought. He knew it was coming, but didn't receive official confirmation until he heard it from the BBC.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Once it's been confirmed - but you still know it's coming even if you don't know the time. Shouldn't really be a "shock" TBH.

Not being party to the conversations, we do not know if when he left them, he was aware that it was imminent or it was still under discussion with his legal teams.

The use or wording in anything legal is crucial!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Not being party to the conversations, we do not know if when he left them, he was aware that it was imminent or it was still under discussion with his legal teams.

It probably went something like this.

Gus we are firing you. Our legal team will send over the paperwork to confirm it.

Its pending.

Letters typed and signed off, and sent to legal team/Gus

Confirmed.

Press released issued.

Simple really.

So when he was surprised on MOTD that he had been sacked, I'm afraid that was all a show for sympathy for those that see no wrong in him.

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
It probably went something like this.

Gus we are firing you. Our legal team will send over the paperwork to confirm it.

Its pending.

Letters typed and signed off, and sent to legal team/Gus

Confirmed.

Press released issued.

Simple really.

So when he was surprised on MOTD that he had been sacked, I'm afraid that was all a show for sympathy for those that see no wrong in him.

hopefully this

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Indeed. Having just watched the BBC bit, I thought his wording was very careful as well - he didn't say that he didn't know. I cannot believe he didn't know it was imminent though, even if he hadn't seen the released statement or been told by his lawyers that it had happened,

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
But why make the announcement at 8pm last night, the exact same time as Gus is appearing on BBC. Why couldnt it wait until this morning. Seems deliberate and vindictive by BHA to me.

I think Barber has a lot to answer for this sorry mess. If Poyet wins his case, I expect Barber to go as it would have cost compo and also dragged the clubs name through the mud. Not to mind hindered our pre season and recruitment.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it probably went something like this.

Its pending.

Letters typed and signed off, and sent to legal team/gus

confirmed.

Press released issued.

Simple really.

So when he was surprised on motd that he had been sacked, i'm afraid that was all a show for sympathy for those that see no wrong in him.

iyho?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
But why make the announcement at 8pm last night, the exact same time as Gus is appearing on BBC. Why couldnt it wait until this morning. Seems deliberate and vindictive by BHA to me.

I think Barber has a lot to answer for this sorry mess. If Poyet wins his case, I expect Barber to go as it would have cost compo and also dragged the clubs name through the mud. Not to mind hindered our pre season and recruitment.
Im sure the layers have far more say than Barber about content and timing of press releases in the this. So probably better to bash them than Barber. Unless off course you would like to explain why you think Barber has a lot to answer for?

Seems deliverate, I'd agree 100%

Seems vindictive. I'd disagree. It was timed like that for a reason, that I am sure

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Wow some knickers in a twist here ......

Pending, certainty, timing of events blah blah blah .........

Poyet is a sophisticated player, he has enough support from his own legal teams, he aint gonna be swallowed up and spat out, he will be fine as will the club.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Yes. Thatls why I said "it probably went something like this."

Give it up mate.

In football terms, the club broke down the wing, played a dangerous ball across the six yard box, and Poyet spectacularly scored the best own goal of his career. IMO :lol:

The club laid the bait. Poyet took it hook, line and sinker.

No lets all move on. Gus is gone, and he's not coming back! :clap:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Tubby has a massive anti-Poyet agenda. It could mean anything. Gus said on TV that discussions had been happening throughout the day. I imagine they had verbally told him it would happen - although the extent of that is anyone's guess and we are only taking the club's word on this, of course (who knows how the last conversation panned out and who said what to whom) - but there is a huge difference between that and officially confirming a decision has been made. Why it couldn't have waited until today is anyone's guess.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Either..

A. He knew he was being sacked but didn't know when it was going to be made official

B. Told to accept the clubs settlement by 20:00 or face the sack and can take his chances with an appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here