Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Club statement...

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Struggling to care now, but here it is...

In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night, the club would like to point out that its disciplinary panel considered the matter on the afternoon of Friday 21st June and for most of Saturday 22nd June.

The club spent much of Sunday 23rd June in discussion with Gus and his representatives. For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-240613-877220.aspx#x5eSptAS7uFBUEo4.99

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Struggling to care now, but here it is...

In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night, the club would like to point out that its disciplinary panel considered the matter on the afternoon of Friday 21st June and for most of Saturday 22nd June.

The club spent much of Sunday 23rd June in discussion with Gus and his representatives. For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-240613-877220.aspx#x5eSptAS7uFBUEo4.99

I'd have rather they hadn't needed to use the word "pending" and that they had a specific time quoted as to when Gus and his lawyers was notified.
As is this looks a lot like "yes, we sacked him live on air, but he should have seen it coming".

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I think I must know every single stitch of that ball they show on all these club statements.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Please, someone correct me if I've got this wrong, but re-phrasing this statement I get this.

"Hello. so we spent Friday and Saturday deciding it over. We told Gus the decision was pending, however we confirmed it when he was on live TV".

I stick with my previous points on other threads. WHY THE HELL CONFIRM IT WHEN HE IS ON LIVE TV. CONFIRM IT ON MONDAY.

Sake.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So Gus was completely right in claiming "That's the first Ive heard of it". He didn't need to say " I had an idea it would happen". All he needed to claim was that its the first he knew it had been confirmed, meaning, in theory, we sacked him live on air.

Brilliant PR.

Aug 23, 2011
That should shut a few people up.

well not really as expecting it is one thing but finding out it actually happened on air is still pretty crappy IF thats what happened. of course he would have known that the chance of being dismissed was high however if your team are negotiating then you hold on for some hope and when that last hope is extinguished the whole emotions come out.

gumbo43

gumbo
Jun 9, 2011
hove
Joke club, comedy timing too !!!! why do it yesterday why not waiti unti monday, when he wasnt in live TV.
rather than a Sunday night.

Paul Barber is turning our club into a laughing stock, jusat not got a clue! i could run thingks better tg
than this muppet.

hang your heAds in shame BHA

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Interesting the mention of ongoing discussions with Gus and his representatives as it suggests a negotiation of some sort. Why would they need to negotiate the fact that they were about to sack him? Sounds like some sort of go quietly offer but I suspect it's a bit late for that given the noise that has already occurred

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

This is actually very consistent with what Gus said on MOTD. He said that discussions had been happening on the Sunday but he hadn't received any confirmation.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
We area joke club now. What a mess, we are completely screwed for next season now. Ill still stand behind the Albion I've got my season ticket but that's the maximum money the money grabbing ***** are getting from me. Total disrespect to their staff and fans **** U ALL

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
So he knew he was to be sacked - so it was just the case of letting everyone else know then? So he did know what was happening, just didn't know when we would know? Or am I reading too much into this.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
We area joke club now. What a mess, we are completely screwed for next season now. Ill still stand behind the Albion I've got my season ticket but that's the maximum money the money grabbing ***** are getting from me. Total disrespect to their staff and fans **** U ALL

Nice to see you're putting things into perspective and taking a balanced & measured approach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here