Further statement due today? *edit: Online now!*

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
[tweet]349116601771098112[/tweet]

Will it ever end?

EDIT: Statement up now

In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night, the club would like to point out that its disciplinary panel considered the matter on the afternoon of Friday 21st June and for most of Saturday 22nd June.

The club spent much of Sunday 23rd June in discussion with Gus and his representatives. For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-240613-877220.aspx#PyXKLsUcsjzFf6H4.99

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
When is Poyet on the telly next? I hear we're going to wait until then.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Will it ever end?

If the club want to try and gain the higher moral ground they should keep their mouths shut. Sadly I don't believe they have this capability. The circus of he said, we said will continue to court.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope Bloom has had enough and just walked away or should I say flounced?

The Amex will have tumbleweed blowing through it and be overgrown like the Valley was for a while in a year or so

Dick Knight is looking for his white charger as we speak and is going to set out on a 21st century Don Quixote ride from Spain once he finds it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Re: Further statement due today?

Something needs to be done to make imbded Tweets visible on Tapatalk.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I expect the statement will be something along the lines of "We have, at Mr Poyet's request, been communicating with him through his legal team. We informed them so that they in turn could inform him before we released the statement. As such, we find Mr Poyet's claims he didn't know odd, and his claim that we have not contacted him unsurprising as we went through his legal team."

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I expect the statement will be something along the lines of "We have, at Mr Poyet's request, been communicating with him through his legal team. We informed them so that they in turn could inform him before we released the statement. As such, we find Mr Poyet's claims he didn't know odd, and his claim that we have not contacted him unsurprising as we went through his legal team."

I bet that is nearly spot on too. Although you missed the word 'meantime'.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Re: Further statement due today?

I m on tapatalk so cant see tweet, but if their is another tweet today, I hope it's to clarify that Gus had been told of his dismissal via his lawyers, apologize about the timing of the announcement, but make clear they gave ample time for lawyers to contact Gus.
Also an announcement if interim manager will be nice to.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I would imagine it will be even more vague than that.

The club really needs to make a statement for the fans. We have been in the dark throughout all of this and there is a lot of anger and confusion around at the moment that needs to be calmed.

Can I just alienate myself from this supposition. I'm not angry and I don't need to be calmed.

D

Deleted member 22389

Apology from the BBC would be a good start. The facts that the club released the statement at 19:14pm

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So would it be fair to say that he knew it was coming but he hadn't actually received written notification prior to last night? The clue being in the word "pending"

It does seem having read that that the club issued the statement earlier than they probably should have done?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
PUBLISHED

11:30 24th June 2013

In relation to comments made by Gus Poyet on BBC Match of the Day last night, the club would like to point out that its disciplinary panel considered the matter on the afternoon of Friday 21st June and for most of Saturday 22nd June.

The club spent much of Sunday 23rd June in discussion with Gus and his representatives. For legal reasons we cannot say anything about the content of those discussions but Gus was well aware, before he appeared on the BBC last evening, that his dismissal was pending.

Given Gus has a right to appeal the decision to dismiss him, the club will not be making any further comment on this matter at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-240613-877220.aspx#sgvMI3C165gpyCZc.99

No surprises there.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Pending" is the keyword. So no, he hadn't been officially fired before the BBC show.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Erm....." Gus was well aware that the decision was pending"

So not actually aware when it was going to happen? If that is true, then obviously sat in tv studio being told ...." ere Gus, you have now been sacked" may have come as a shock

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Will it ever end?

EDIT: Statement up now

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-240613-877220.aspx#PyXKLsUcsjzFf6H4.99

Why spend most of Sunday in discussion when he was simply being sacked?

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
So it was pending. There we go therefore I feel for GUS massively and they're ***** for choosing a time like that to release it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here