Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone feel that this was inevitable?

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
I am sad he has gone - however I felt from the promotion campaign that when he did go it would be either in very fractious circumstances or in a colossal South American flounce.

Let's be clear on one thing - he has no hesitation in driving the media circus to his own benefit. As we all have seen he has consitently questioned the financial backing, the annual budgets, the areas of control that he wanted under him - all the while peddling the speculation that he was only here until something better came up.

We managed to try and understand if that something was Spurs, Chelsea or another top top job.

However I was getting sick and tired of it being anyone - Bloom has made it clear that he would allow Poyet to talk to any club he wanted to. Completely transparent.

Post-Palace debacle and all of that thrown back in his face - or at least that is how it would appear.

Just for a moment imagine if Bloom or Barber had decided to do something similar - constantly referring to other managers they would like to have in charge of the club one day in the future.

Oh yes I think Mr Redknapp, Mr Ferguson, Mr Pulis etc etc etc would be a great manager here one day and we would be delighted if they wanted to come and manage.......

I truly feel that we have been played well and truly by Gus in recent months and he had always envisaged some sort of exit.

Sad it has happened but frankly relieved that this part of the episode has at least been sorted.

Now on to the deal that both parties cut to move on completely.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So you say bloom was totally transparent and would allow him to speak to who he wants and then on the same post whinge at him supposedly pitching himself for any job that is going.

Erm I am not sure what point you are trying to make....apart from the let's move on one, which I totally agree with.BTW

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Perhaps the point I was trying to make was putting myself in Blooms shoes - and not being difficult when it came to clubs approaching Poyet - it must have been particularly galling to then hear Poyet constantly putting himself in the shop window.

and the managers names were the first run of the mill names I could think of- the managerial equivalent of Leeds for example - another mid championship side that Poyet wanted to go back to one day.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I see your point. I am not necessarily disagreeing. I have been thinking back as to when Gus " put himself forward for a job"! He certainly has on this organ, in that every time there was a sacking, it was " Gus to xxxxxxxxxx" which was certainly tongue in cheek, but can you actually think of one time he or anyone of substance came out and said " Gus applied for the xxxxxxx job and has been turned down".?

There is a rumours about reading, which my contact in the reading press office said never happened and thre was also this Leeds thing, but he obviously loved his time there and when asked, it was obvious he would say " yes it would be nice to manage this team again".... But again nothing concrete that we know.

This is the whole thing with football, the media and the internet( twitter, Facebook nsc etc) that people need to be fed with constant CNN type news feeds and someone can make up a rumour and suddenly it becomes fact and then people are indignant and dissapointed when it doesn't happen.

Btw I stand by my sauce who suggested Forlan was coming here last year, but we had been chasing ulloa for 2 years seemly!

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
True Granny. I have no contacts within the club at all. So I cannot claim any insider knowledge.

I just wonder how much Bloom was prepared to take from a man that publically was dismissive and almost flippant with his moaning about the budgets.

If I was bloom there would have a come a moment when I would start to look at the money that he had spent and wondered whether this had been well spent.

It also seems to be to be a real disconnect with what Poyet says and what he does.

He has always talked about how important it was to be involved in the academy, the planning and the way it was set up.

He must therefore have had a real inside understanding at the money that was being spent.

He also must have been closely involved in the converstaions around financial fair play.

At what point was he going to visit planet earth and realise that this was not a bottomless pit of money and that he job as a top draw manager worthy of one day taking a post at Spurs or Chelsea, was to buy shrewdly, invest wisely and work within the very fair parameters set by the board and the funding available for player budgets.

It just doesnt add up.

But as i say - I have no knowledge as to how these things work.

Last nights BBC little incident is to me, no more than that.

anyone who thinks the club would have done that without letting Poyets advisors know is deluded. Lawyers would have been advising the Albion as to how to manage things and suspect that Poyet was very well aware of what what had gone on. perhaps even to the point where his advisors said that they have been contacted by the club with the results of the enquiry and a copy of the statement that was to be released.

Purposefully keeping Poyet from reading this would allow him to be notified on TV live, and try and make out that the club was acting aggresively and with malice.

We shall see.

I am cynical about anyhting that seems to be live on TV with someone 'finding out' something like this.

note that it is on the BBC wesbite with numerous hits and comments on the article. arguable precisely what the BBC would want.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree 100% with that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here