Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If the club can prove Gus knew - do you think the club should sue him / bring this out?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
...or just forget it and move on?

i think we need to be told what has gone on by the club pretty soon or relations with the fans is going to be strained.

its like civil war on here.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I vote forget it and move on. More than enough damage has already been done.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Forget it and move on, I see from andy naylors tweets last night he was expecting a further comment from club last night wonder if we will see it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For what it's worth, and even as a member of team Gus, I think he knew but having some limited knowledge of the workings of the Beeb I think they turned it into something that then makes it onto the back pages this morning.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Move on. Gus has spun it (and sort of corrected himself long after the story went viral) so there's no putting it back in the box. Do the appeal, get rid and move on. Gus' mouth will stop him from ever reaching the heights he might be capable of - so we've had the value we can get from him. "He said, she said" will only add oxygen to the story which we can never win.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
No, I think he was vague enough with answers that I don't think he definitively said "I didn't know"; it would be hard to pin anything, and frankly I don't see what we'd gain

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I can't wait for the football season to start, I am bored of this tedious never ending drudge of a story, move on and try and forget whats happened!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
No, I think he was vague enough with answers that I don't think he definitively said "I didn't know"; it would be hard to pin anything, and frankly I don't see what we'd gain

It's difficult to know exactly what happened. He said conversations had been happening during the day. It may be they contacted his lawyers and told them while he was in the TV studio and therefore out of contact. I think it was the first he knew of the official statement. It probably just confirmed it for him.

0bb.jpeg

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I think the Club will want to put the record straight but only at a later date after the appeal process etc.

The facts may be handy for which ever party has been wronged.

In the meantime I think there will a series of good news stories - interim manager, players, pre-season tour.

Finally I wonder how many days Gus has to formally register his appeal, in accordance with the Club's policy? I also wonder if his legal adviser is happy with Gus's statement on TV last night?

I also think it will be interesting to see if any Clubs now show interest in Gus and whether this triggers an Adkins/Reading type of scenario ie would Gus drop his appeal so he can move onto another managerial role? That would suit both parties.

Little Piggy

Oct 27, 2003
Ireland
I was watching BBC breakfast this morning, the Poyet situation was the 3rd or 4th story. The sports presenter was framing the whole sacking around what she believed to be the juicy part... that it happened live on air. She concluded the segment by appearing to personally add "Thats SHOCKING for him" with a shake of her head.

So whilst it doesn't really matter and the world will move on as ever, this is what people will have heard this morning and its ANNOYING.

Greavsey

Jul 4, 2007
I was watching BBC breakfast this morning, the Poyet situation was the 3rd or 4th story. The sports presenter was framing the whole sacking around what she believed to be the juicy part... that it happened live on air. She concluded the segment by appearing to personally add "Thats SHOCKING for him" with a shake of her head.

So whilst it doesn't really matter and the world will move on as ever, this is what people will have heard this morning and its ANNOYING.

Yeah it is annoying - and there must be a temptation to try and dispel this potentially quite damaging perception of the club, but, as others have said the club have to be the bigger boys in this and let Gus carry on with his childish lies and spin doctoring.

Remember the ill feeling towards Southampton and Reading when Adkins and McDermott were sacked seemingly 'unfairly'? That was soon forgotten once their mates in the press and in the game had moved on from the story.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I think the Club will issue a statement if they feel that what GP said (or allowed to be inferred) on the BBC was factually wrong or at very least, was misleading and knowingly so - the club does give a toss about how it is perceived, not least as it has major American corporate sponsor who cares about PR and anything that indirectly reflects badly back by association on them will not be well received. These headlines make the club look amateur and poor at basic management functions like PR/personnel etc. I simply don't believe they will allow that perception to go unchallenged if it is wholly unjustified. If they want to draw a line under this simply appoint the new manager urgently, give a decent budget so they have a fair crack of the whip at promotion and stick money in the bank to fight or pay off Poyet down the line - reality here is no club is rushing in to appoint GP so he has to fight for a payoff and is no doubt being advised (and well advised) by the LMA and their support teams how to get the maximum paid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here