Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do some people care how we are perceived amongst other fans/clubs?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Genuinely interested. I couldn't give a toss if every other club in the league hated us, as long as we are successful.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I would imagine it is because we have spent so many years on NSC taking the piss out of Palace and their constant cringeworthy behaviour, that now the tide has turned BHA fans can't cope now the shoe is on the other foot.

It's a classic case of being able to give it but not being able to take it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Genuinely interested. I couldn't give a toss if every other club in the league hated us, as long as we are successful.

That's the key, success. Let's hope we get it. I'm not so sure we will for a while yet, whilst we're still on the back foot.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Like children on here last night with everyone crying about how a few other forums view us. Absolute cringe.

1, most fans are not really up on it as its not their team
2, who cares . We will still start the season in a better ground with a better team

If people did take the piss then so what . Man up

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
In the dark days, we had a lot of good will towards us from genuine fans of other teams, it's a shame seeing some of that good will being pissed away

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
That's the key, success. Let's hope we get it. I'm not so sure we will for a while yet, whilst we're still on the back foot.

I don't think we'll achieve short term success either, whoever comes in won't have much time to implement any changes and sign players. I just don't understand why some people care how the club is perceived, I'm sure the board are doing what they think is best for BHAFC in the long term.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
It's a bit like walking down the road with your mrs/girlfriend and hear people say" cor Blimey look at that fat ugly cow what an old dog "

It's not really though, is it? I'm sure Man United are disliked by most clubs, will they care if they win the title again?

Personally, I could not give a rats arse what any fan of any club thinks of us, be it Palace or Plymouth or Wrexham or Spurs , it would be like basing your feelings on the thoughts on ramblings of The Complete Badger.

However, if Chairmen of Clubs start making negative statements about the way we are run then I will have cause for concern.

Last edited:

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
It's a bit like walking down the road with your mrs/girlfriend and hear people say" cor Blimey look at that fat ugly cow what an old dog "

Exactly. Beautifully put.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Palace must be pissing themselves with all this going on.

Who frigging cares what that bunch thinks? The opinions of a morally bankrupt pile of shit mean absolutely nothing to me.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Personally, I could not give a rats arse what any fan of any club thinks of us, be it Palace or Plymouth or Wrexham or Spurs , it would be like basing your feelings on the thoughts and ramblings of The Complete Badger.

However, if Chairmen of Clubs start making negative statements about the way we are run then I will have cause for concern.

Didn't the Peterborough chairman say in no uncertain terms he though Bloom was in the right?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No, that's a rubbish analogy. The club is clearly NOT a fat ugly girl in the eye of other clubs' fans - this is a 'girl' with a fabulous new stadium, and huge crowds.

Closer would be "look how that fella's fit bird is acting - how common"

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Because the perception of the club also affects things like sponsorship, and recruitment, of both players and staff. If you are perceived poorly, then you will have to pay more to recruit the same people, if they will join at all.

We seem to have worked EXTREMELY hard on our image the last few years, so it is clearly important to the club. But it's taken a bit of a battering the last 6 weeks or so.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
St John's got paid out, By the fans.

And yes we are pissing ourselves at your current plight :D

I'm pissing myself that you are trying to take the moral highground after screwing local businesses out of money 3 times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here