Votes: 20 11.0%
  • The club

Votes: 161 89.0%

• Total voters

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
It doesnt really matter who I believe. To me it matters who is PERCIEVED to be right and at this moment the club are playing straight into Gus's hands. Struggling to think how much more badly we could have handled it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
About what? ???

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The club. I have very rarely heard Gus take responsibility for anything, if we lost it was always the refs fault etc. Time will tell I suppose but I think he was telling a pack of lies last night.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It doesnt really matter who I believe. To me it matters who is PERCIEVED to be right and at this moment the club are playing straight into Gus's hands. Struggling to think how much more badly we could have handled it.

Correct. The timing was completely lousy.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
I believe I believe I believe in love, and know that there is no lord above, I feel the pain from push and shove but I still believe in love....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I want to believe both. I want to believe the club informed gus's representatives, and they took their time looking over the the email the club sent them, while gus got on with his preparations for appearing on TV (a good pundit doesn't just show up), and that he may have suspected he was being fired (we all did, didn't we? And some believe its a witch hunt to force him out, perhaps he believes that too, so expected he would be) but that he didn't know for sure until the BBC people told him (in the studio while the match was airing, giving him time to digest, quick chat with representatives for how to play it etc).

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
4 people either need to look up 'gullible' in the dictionary or are palace fans

In all seriousness both parties need to move on sharpish from this, BHA need to get a new manager in place to start planning for next season and beyond, and Poyet is doing himself no favours in regards to new employers. What happened yesterday didn't look great from either side but I don't believe Poyet knew nothing until Chapman told him on air, just not feasible.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

This is the correct answer to the whole scenario.

I personally don't care if the club physically turned up to his door at 7am yesterday morning, sat him down, put up a big banner saying "You're sacked Gus" and had hired a male vocal group to sing "You've just been sacked in the morning" 1000 times at him, only for him to go on TV and say he never knew. I DON'T CARE.

It's the fact some CLEVER CLOGGS have decided to release the statement when he is on LIVE TV. It's just INVITING him to say he didn't know. It's what I would do if I was him and in a legal battle.

I've had a night to sleep on this and I've actually woken up MORE annoyed at the club's PR.

Why even give him and opportunity to make us look silly? why? Were we trying to embarrass him? That's all I can think of. Well, to me, it was PETTY.

And, as I stated yesterday, I'm ALWAYS pro-club. Always. I will defend them on any decision because they clearly know more than I do about how to run a football club. But not this time. Stupid idea.

I'm also a MASSIVE Gus fan so I have no "side" in all of this.

Now I'm going to have a cup of peppermint tea to calm down :lolol:

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I believe the club statement tbh. I appreciate a chain of events could have unfolded that ment Poyet wasnt told of the news b4 the bbc show but I'd say at the very least his representatives were informed beforehand. I've been very pro poyet in this whole affair but to be honest, he knew perfectly well what he was doing last night and the trouble it has and would cause to the club. He thanks the fans for their support since day one somewhat blinded by the effect his actions would have upon them.

Its a farce now tho, tit for tat and games played by both sides. Whats the clubs response going to be today?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
How can anyone seriously vote on this?

We know nothing. We don't know the grounds on which Gus has been sacked, and we don't have the Club's side of the story as to when Gus was told.

I guess most will vote on what they want to be the case rather than on what they know to be the case.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Somewhere in the middle, the club informed his reps shortly before the statement but not him personally. Gus knew it was coming though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here