Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enough Poyet and Barber bashing, let's have a nice gentle thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This Steven Lawrence thing.

It now transpires that the MET asked people to dig up any dirt they could on the Lawrence family to see if they could in some way discredit them....bad home life, drug dealing etc etc.

So assuming the Police were described as " institutionally racist", and the allegations made today, what do you thing the family and the community think will be the only outcome they will accept, assuming two of the murderers are in Jail now? A complete shut downand disbanding of the Metropolitain police force? Because that is the only way I think they will be satisfied, especially as the force accepted that they made huge mistakes originally in collecting evidence!

I am not sure who benefits with this continuing saga

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The murder of Steven Lawrence was a awful tragedy and the way it was handled showed the Met had serious problems of institutional racism but I’ve heard first hand that Stephen Lawrence was an extremely unsavoury person. There is an awful lot of bad feeling in the area from admittedly white people that feel he was made out to be a victim when the truth was he’d upset a large number of people from run of the mill thugs to fairly serious criminals. The media have suggested there was and is racial tension in the area, most recently when abuse was shouted from several passing cars when a BBC reporter was doing a report from his memorial. The truth is to this day a lot of people feel very bitter about Stephen Lawrence being made into a martyr.

The two people who murdered Stephen eventually got what they deserved and it’s a travesty that the others that were almost certainly involved that day were not brought to justice but sometimes there’s cases where in the face of death people are reluctant to see the bad in people.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
It would be nice to hear something from Tony Bloom about the whole Poyet situation for a change. Pitbull Barber just has the affect of making you angry in his interviews

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
My new granddaughter is 9 months old today. That's nice and gentle.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand

It now transpires that the MET asked people to dig up any dirt they could on the Lawrence family to see if they could in some way discredit them....bad home life, drug dealing etc etc.

So assuming the Police were described as " institutionally racist", and the allegations made today, what do you thing the family and the community think will be the only outcome they will accept, assuming two of the murderers are in Jail now? A complete shut downand disbanding of the Metropolitain police force? Because that is the only way I think they will be satisfied, especially as the force accepted that they made huge mistakes originally in collecting evidence!

Are they still bleating on, build a bridge.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

So you think this shouldn't be condemned and investigated?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So you think this shouldn't be condemned and investigated?

I totally do, but my question was what would e the only outcome the Lawrence family and the community accept?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here