Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McGhee "happy to help"

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
by Andy Naylor

Mark McGhee is interested in returning to Albion as interim manager.

The Seagulls' former boss, now Scotland's No.2 to Gordon Strachan, says he would be happy to help the club out.

Albion are looking for a caretaker to oversee pre-season while they deal with Gus Poyet's appeal against his sacking last night.

McGhee, Albion chief from 2003-2006, still lives locally and has no Scotland commitments until their friendly against England at Wembley in August.

Asked by The Argus if he would be prepared to step in, McGhee said: "Of course I would. I still have contact with people at the club.

"I am here and available and if they wanted me for a couple of weeks without prejudice then absolutely, I would be willing to help them."

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could do worse. He was ok for a short period

by Andy Naylor

Mark McGhee is interested in returning to Albion as interim manager.

The Seagulls' former boss, now Scotland's No.2 to Gordon Strachan, says he would be happy to help the club out.

Albion are looking for a caretaker to oversee pre-season while they deal with Gus Poyet's appeal against his sacking last night.

McGhee, Albion chief from 2003-2006, still lives locally and has no Scotland commitments until their friendly against England at Wembley in August.

Asked by The Argus if he would be prepared to step in, McGhee said: "Of course I would. I still have contact with people at the club.

"I am here and available and if they wanted me for a couple of weeks without prejudice then absolutely, I would be willing to help them."

A real man,with moral fibre and a back bone,should be honoured by his offer:clap2:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What joy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's a yes from me, a man who knows the club, lives locally and tells it like it is. Having actually been a manager here before would make him a pretty good interim boss IMO. Whether it will happen is something else altogether.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
achieved a great deal with no money to spend - his "offer" (solicited as it was by the Argus) should be appreciated.

But following on from a story saying David Lopez would return if we had a similar style manager to Gus....... ........ ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A very kind gesture. Could do a lot worse.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I think it's a nice touch to say "Yes, I'd help" and also to say no commitment required. Regardless of whether he's the right man or not it shows the character in a good light. ..... that said, not for me!

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
As an interim solution for a few weeks only, while sorting Gus's appeal, this could work quite well imo. The key thing, however, would be to make sure,
in that case, that the temporary appointment did not drift into something longer-term.
However, if the club is confident of the case against Gus, I still think it'd be better to get in the person they really want now, as an interim, with a contract option for the longer-term which could be activated as and when the Gus business is finalised.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
A kind gesture? Hes not doing it for free.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here