Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will We Ever Know . . . .

el punal

The reasons for this whole sorry, sordid mess.

Are we, the fans, entitled to an explanation as to why, on the surface, a match made in perfect footballing heaven has disintergrated into a shambolic PR disaster of a divorce.

It seems, apart from the two parties involved (the club and Gus Poyet), no one has a clue as to why this rift and suspension, and now sacking, has occurred.

Generally football clubs leak information like a sieve, the Albion, on the other hand, have been tighter than a duck's arse with their terse, short statements.

This has led to so much speculation, rumour, opinion and gossip that it's almost a civil war between Albion fans - pro Gus/anti Gus, Barber is to blame/or not, the Board are right/wrong.

Now we have this car crash of publicity as whether Gus Poyet heard of his dismissal live on TV, and the club have to wait to see if there is an appeal or not and are looking for the dreaded INTERIM manager (Rafa anyone?).

The whole process has left us with more questions and sod all answers.

So, please Brighton and Hove Albion, may we have (without you entering a legal minefield) an insight into what the hell has been going on, for no other reason than to stop us going insane.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
We'll be told what they want us to know - bugger all!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Maybe...

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m
The story behind the story can be revealed at last, inside tomorrow's Argus sports pull-out. #bhafc

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
However much we have to be thankful to Gus for....he must have done something to break his contract....the club cannot just accuse him for nothing....so what is a fitting punishment for breaking your contract...?

Aug 23, 2011
Maybe...

Andy Naylor ‏@AndyNaylorArgus 3m
The story behind the story can be revealed at last, inside tomorrow's Argus sports pull-out. #bhafc

I'd be very surprised if there is much more than a summary of the hear say and few facts. I doubt we'll hear much from the club until the appeal is finished and even then I doubt it but you never know.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Unfortunately because the club, for the first time in football history, is sacking a manager by the book this means that all disciplinary proceedings are highly confidential. The truth will therefore only come out if Poyet starts to blurt his side of the story out in public (which wouldn't surprise me) and the club is then able to present their side of the story or if the case ends up at an Industrial Tribunal as the public and press are able to attend ITs.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
I agree - the Club would do very well to let the world know asap the exact circumstances and timing of GP's sacking, especially if the evidence refutes any of his claims. But I wonder if the Club's legal people will want this kept confidential for now.

The downside of allowing this to drift is the Club will attract all sorts of media headlines and speculation tomorrow and on past form I suspect the LMA will also weigh in with a very uncomplimentary statement just to stir the pot.

We all need to remain strong.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
According to Andy Naylor on twitter a few minutes ago, the argus will reveal tomorrow "the story behind the story" about Gus Poyet in a special argus pull out,

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Hope the Argus have good lawyers if they plan to tell 'the story' in too much detail at this stage. The chances of them knowing all the facts are slim and both sides could be in the mood for legal action against anyone in the media or otherwise speculating or making accusations.

Take note fellow NSC people. Think twice before posting on the internet.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
We will never find out unfortunately.
The reason given publically will be a breakdown in the relationship.
The only thing both parties will agree on is for the real reasons to remain confidential so as to not tarnish reputations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here