Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad and disillusioned...

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
is how I am feeling tonight.

It looks like we will never know the ins and outs of this business. Whether you are pro or anti Gus, everything is speculation.

BUT, if you are a CEO, your job is to see that things don't come to this. That you lose the key employee who has transformed the performance of your organisation, and the way it is handled alienates a large part of your customer base. I'm no legal expert, but on ethical grounds, surely the fans should be told the basis of the club's decision?

Sad, very sad,that such a good season will be remembered for the final game and this shambolic summer.

PG

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Indeed, regardless of the rights and wrongs of it which none of us know the club look rubbish to the footballing world. Future managers and players will see us looking amateur. Not the perception you want for our club. And ultimately the CEO has to take responsibility for that.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you think the CEO was acting without the approval of the Chairman you are utterly wrong. Barber is an easy target, but Bloom ..... ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't worry too much. We're football fans, we're idiots, we have short memories

This really made me laugh and is so true. Arguably best post of the entire saga!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
When I think how wonderful I felt walking up to the Amex for the Palace play off match it's hard to believe it has all been reduced to this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Probably the best post on here in ages, well said Peter.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Tony Bloom knows our history and has lived through our struggles. Therefore I like to think that this whole scenario has happened with a very heart on his part. I think that the behaviour of Gus behind the scenes must surely have been so way off the mark to warrant the actions by the club we have witnessed. However if this is all about his post match interview comments then I am worried.

Please note that despite my recent NSC join date I have been watching Brighton since 1979. Yes I was at the 83 cup final, yes I was there for every home game of our last season at the Goldstone - didn't make it to Hereford (sorry!), yes I went to "home" games at Gillingham, yes got very wet in the south stand at Withdean

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Don't worry Peter, not long to wait now. I confidently forecast you'll be taking your laptop back to PC World to be repaired later this week having covered it in jizz following the news of the appointment of Oscar Garcia Junyent as manager.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
is how I am feeling tonight.

It looks like we will never know the ins and outs of this business. Whether you are pro or anti Gus, everything is speculation.

BUT, if you are a CEO, your job is to see that things don't come to this. That you lose the key employee who has transformed the performance of your organisation, and the way it is handled alienates a large part of your customer base. I'm no legal expert, but on ethical grounds, surely the fans should be told the basis of the club's decision?

Sad, very sad,that such a good season will be remembered for the final game and this shambolic summer.

PG

Fair comment PG (especially the last line). I think you speak for the majority who really do give a s**t about this football club.

Hey bloody ho. :down:

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I'm so happy that Gus has been sacked that I've taken today off to celebrate. He's a clown and full of self bullshit.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Tony Bloom knows our history and has lived through our struggles. Therefore I like to think that this whole scenario has happened with a very heart on his part. I think that the behaviour of Gus behind the scenes must surely have been so way off the mark to warrant the actions by the club we have witnessed. However if this is all about his post match interview comments then I am worried.

Please note that despite my recent NSC join date I have been watching Brighton since 1979. Yes I was at the 83 cup final, yes I was there for every home game of our last season at the Goldstone - didn't make it to Hereford (sorry!), yes I went to "home" games at Gillingham, yes got very wet in the south stand at Withdean

Sounds good...but you obviously couldn't be bothered to mention the FA Cup final replay and you call yourself a fan. punish:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Maybe a bit of the story will come out tomorrow. I might even get up early to read it in my local paper shop:angel:

2506382.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why? 'Poyet Sacked' means 'THE END OF THIS BULLSHIT'
I think it's beautiful too.

Not "beautiful" is it? Very sad that it ended this way. The closing of one of the best periods in the clubs' 112 year history. I'm glad we're moving on but certainly not glad that its happened, anyone who celebrates this whole situation is a bit unhinged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here