Collection of Tweets re Gus sacking

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don't care!
We are Brighton, super Brighton
We are Brighton from the South

Collection of lovely tweets about us tonight - always brings out such charming characters. Needless to say, we are trending for all the wrong reasons. Football, eh...?

- Hull fan: "Gus Poyet just got sacked on live TV. Well Brighton, that is a whole new level of tinpot"
- Bristol City fan: "#BHAFC disgusting way to treat Poyet. took them from L1 to championship play offs in 3 years + Attendences above 25000 every week #jokeclub"
- Wrexham fan: "Absolute disgrace sacking a manager whilst he is live on air. #BHAFC have made themselves look terrible. Gus #Poyet handed it v respectably."
- Plymouth fan: "Brighton are a decent club who helped us a lot but what they have done to Gus Poyet is harsh"
- "Lost a lot of respect after that! Poor treatment of a manager that did a lot for them #disgusting #bhafc"
- Bristol City fan: "What a bunch of absolute *****. You have lost the footballing worlds respect, who does what you did? Morons. #BHAFC #*****"
- Bradford fan: "#bhafc board are an embarrassment to their club! Sacking a manager whilst he's indisposed on tv is a joke! Feel for Gus Poyet #classmanager"
- Celtic fan: "disgusting way #poyet was sacked by #bhafc couldn't say it to his face had release statement how cowardly can you get"
- "Just gettin in on the Poyet story all i can say is WOW possibly the most unprofessional way to sack someone #disgrace #bhafc"
- Spurs fan: "#BHAFC just lost my respect. What a way to find out you're sacked!?"
- "What a fitting end to a shambolic 2 months for #bhafc - Poyet discovering he's been sacked whilst on pundit duty for the BBC..."
- "Whether he was or wasn't informed, whether he's lying or not, you don't announce it when he's on TV. A ridiculous PR own goal. #bhafc"
- Leeds fan: "I hope we pummel Brighton with a double figure score first game of the season even more now! #disrespectful #loveGusPoyet"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No one likes us, no one likes us
No one likes us, we don't care!
We are Brighton, super Brighton
We are Brighton from the South

Collection of lovely tweets about us tonight - always brings out such charming characters. Needless to say, we are trending for all the wrong reasons. Football, eh...?

- Hull fan: "Gus Poyet just got sacked on live TV. Well Brighton, that is a whole new level of tinpot"
- Bristol City fan: "#BHAFC disgusting way to treat Poyet. took them from L1 to championship play offs in 3 years + Attendences above 25000 every week #jokeclub"
- Wrexham fan: "Absolute disgrace sacking a manager whilst he is live on air. #BHAFC have made themselves look terrible. Gus #Poyet handed it v respectably."
- Plymouth fan: "Brighton are a decent club who helped us a lot but what they have done to Gus Poyet is harsh"
- "Lost a lot of respect after that! Poor treatment of a manager that did a lot for them #disgusting #bhafc"
- Bristol City fan: "What a bunch of absolute *****. You have lost the footballing worlds respect, who does what you did? Morons. #BHAFC #*****"
- Bradford fan: "#bhafc board are an embarrassment to their club! Sacking a manager whilst he's indisposed on tv is a joke! Feel for Gus Poyet #classmanager"
- Celtic fan: "disgusting way #poyet was sacked by #bhafc couldn't say it to his face had release statement how cowardly can you get"
- "Just gettin in on the Poyet story all i can say is WOW possibly the most unprofessional way to sack someone #disgrace #bhafc"
- Spurs fan: "#BHAFC just lost my respect. What a way to find out you're sacked!?"
- "What a fitting end to a shambolic 2 months for #bhafc - Poyet discovering he's been sacked whilst on pundit duty for the BBC..."
- "Whether he was or wasn't informed, whether he's lying or not, you don't announce it when he's on TV. A ridiculous PR own goal. #bhafc"
- Leeds fan: "I hope we pummel Brighton with a double figure score first game of the season even more now! #disrespectful #loveGusPoyet"

Why have you highlighted something that almost certainly didn't happen

Albion15

Nov 19, 2012
Not sure if Poyet already knew or made the most of an opportunity for a sympathy vote, which he seems to have got.
Shame really I thought he was a great manager and did so well for us,apart from the play off
Hate to see the club I support in this light and it gives other fans some great collateral for abuse, you know the songs are coming

I have to say I don't think much of the club leadership with this situation, it can't be only Gus that hasn't played it right

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Until a celebrity famous ex player etc says something to the same effect, these opinions aren't worth worrying about. Just a reflection of modern life we're all guilty of ie judge now, ask later!

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Does anybody really believe that Gus did'nt know he was being made redundant BEFORE that broadcast....fans have been bombarding NSC for some sort of statement from the club....when it comes people moan about it...Gus....as brilliant as he has been...made his own bed to lie on...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not sure if Poyet already knew or made the most of an opportunity for a sympathy vote, which he seems to have got.
Shame really I thought he was a great manager and did so well for us,apart from the play off
Hate to see the club I support in this light and it gives other fans some great collateral for abuse, you know the songs are coming

I have to say I don't think much of the club leadership with this situation, it can't be only Gus that hasn't played it right

Hull, Celtic, Wrexham etc etc, oh do bore off! You know less than we do, and we don't know much, except that our club and chairman have repeatedly quoted UK employment law, and the need to do whatever 'this' is properly. Just for once maybe a footy club can't be arsed with brown envelopes and references, and has the balls to tell it like it is, but you wouldn't know about that in the SPL would you?

As for two bob clubs telling us how to run our affairs, I think I will trust our man thanks. Daniel Levy anyone?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Our club is an absolute joke at the moment.

Whoever is responsible for this embarrassing, unprofessional and outright disgraceful behaviour from the club needs to be sacked.

If God forbid it's TB's doing, let's hope it's down to inexperience and he learns from this monumental mistake.

Your the joke mate with your constant refusal to see the facts. They do say love is blind though!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Who cares. These are the same bed wetters that always love to feel outraged and disgusted on other people's behalf.

:thumbsup:

Bristol City fans should take a look at how their JOKE club is run. Bankruptcy looms for them. Enjoy League One lads

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hard to disagree.
Why did this have to be announced tonight?
Why was this not delivered tomorrow morning to Poyet whilst we were informing the players when they report for training (tomorrow)?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
As somebody else said on another thread - The type of people who will get sucked in by Gus Poyet's bull tonight are the kind of morons who watch X-Factor and think that everything that they are watching and hearing i.e manufactured sob-stories - are true.

'Poor Gus!'. Do me a favour!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Gus' plan to turn EVERYONE against us is working - need we show how much of a joke he is now ?

So the first part of his plan was to get the club to sack him during his pre-arranged Tv appearance then? Genius!

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
who cares what others think, they have no idea whats been going on, they only see gus on the box tonight playing the innocent. Let them see the post palace interview, the going home to play golf interview plus various other backhanded comments. nice touch from the bbc asking about us fans, what what we expect him to say, he was hardly going to say screw you! his hand has been called by the club, i cant believe they have got it wrong. tonight gus looked either gutted or a beaten man, if its not the latter then we are in a bit of trouble.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Not that we needed the proof, but they say it all really. Whoever timed the announcement for tonight is totally incompetent.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here