Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tanno

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If he turns up, we'll pay him off. If I were him I would turn up. There's no way he can be interim manager, put it that way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Much more sensible for him to stay on until paid off than not turn up and be sacked with a long drawn out tribunal, IMO. He'll be paid off when the new manager comes in anyway so he'll only have to grin and bear it for a short time.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
If Gus is fighting to save his job (as pointless as that seems) why would Tanno resign? Surely his staying on for the time being only helps Gus reinforce his appeal.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Gus is fighting to save his job (as pointless as that seems) why would Tanno resign? Surely his staying on for the time being only helps Gus reinforce his appeal.

I would think Gus is fighting to have the remainder of his contract paid up, not to get his job back....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If he were to resign, he still may take up a case of constructive dismissal.

On what grounds? Boo hoo, they sacked my bestest ever friend so I can't stay there anymore?

He was suspended while an investigation took place. Was re-instated. If he resigns then surely there's nothing there for constructive dismissal?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
He won't resign and why should he. If the new boss brings in his own man, he will be sacked and paid off like usual. Part of football for assistant managers.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He tore up his contract with West Ham after suffering an injury that effectively ended his playing career. He seems to be an honourable man.

I can't help but feeling his position is verging on untenable considering he is a friend of Gus and it could get even messier than it is now.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009

That's the way I see it. Whether we believe him or not, Gus has said he wants to fight to stay. It would be ludicrous for Tanno to walk now, both financially speaking for his own contract and without knowing what Gus is doing. Unless he's had a falling out with Gus too!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I would think Gus is fighting to have the remainder of his contract paid up, not to get his job back....

If he wins that's what it will come down to, yes, But right now the appeal is about him fighting to save his job. He said as much.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He tore up his contract with West Ham after suffering an injury that effectively ended his playing career. He seems to be an honourable man.

I can't help but feeling his position is verging on untenable considering he is a friend of Gus and it could get even messier than it is now.

I dont wish to comment on his character here, but is that likely, unless they was an insurance payout, or a pathway to another job or a club pay off.

Why would he forgo a large financial payment of which he was entitled to.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We all seem to be assuming that Tanno will go wherever Gus goes (whether he is interim or not in the meantime) but what about his own ambitions? Would/could he use the "interim" position to put himself in the public eye as a manager in his own right? (Admittedly I can't see him being this at Brighton other than maybe as the interim)

I don't really know anything about him but surely he has ambitions to be something other than Gus's lacky for the rest of his life!?!

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I dont wish to comment on his character here, but is that likely, unless they was an insurance payout, or a pathway to another job or a club pay off.

Why would he forgo a large financial payment of which he was entitled to.

It is a fact. And it was a big contract. He was injured in the first few months and wrote the entire thing off. Insurance payment or not, he waived a very large amount f money and the club publicly thanked him for it. I remember it well as it stood out at the time as an act of real class from a footballer. Sadly the way football is make people so cyncical and less likely to believe such acts.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

And is why I really want Bloom and the club to win this. I don't want Poyet walking away with roughly £110 of mine and every other season ticket holder's money, when it could be used for running the club.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Logic says to stay as interim manager if offered but will most likely leave when the new full-time manager comes in

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here