Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is to blame for this horrendous PR gaff ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Whatever way you dress it up tonight has been a PR DISASTER for the club. To release a club statement just before Gus Poyet has an audience of a million or so on BBC is to be fair a " schoolboy " error. Now Gus maybe lying but why would he do this as it would be so easy to prove he lied ? It would be professional SUICIDE and no club would want to touch him if he lied , live on TV.

Surely he is not that deluded ? Whatever way he has the BBC on his side. The commentator made a swipe against BHAFC live on air , so we are being made complete mugs. The half time interview was an open goal for Poyet and he took it, smashed the ball in the back of the net and the studio appears to be 100% behind him. Who is responsible for releasing a club statement now ?

Surely tomorrow morning made more sense knowing Poyet was on live TV ? Wtf is going on ? The club has had more or less the whole country behind us and until recently, apart from CPFC the whole football community has been behind us. It is a fcking pr shambles and fans can be rightly very annoyed imo.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Gus has NOTHING to lose, simple. He may have had a plan to turn people against the club and people are eating it all up.

The club statement said he was "informed of the decision" - so he knew.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gus has NOTHING to lose, simple. He may have had a plan to turn people against the club and people are eating it all up.

The club statement said he was "informed of the decision" - so he knew.

But why release it on a Sunday knowing he was on live tv that evening ? Why not release it tomorrow morning ?

Whatever way you dress it up tonight has been a PR DISASTER for the club. To release a club statement just before Gus Poyet has an audience of a million or so on BBC is to be fair a " schoolboy " error. Now Gus maybe lying but why would he do this as it would be so easy to prove he lied ? It would be professional SUICIDE and no club would want to touch him if he lied , live on TV.

Surely he is not that deluded ? Whatever way he has the BBC on his side. The commentator made a swipe against BHAFC live on air , so we are being made complete mugs. The half time interview was an open goal for Poyet and he took it, smashed the ball in the back of the net and the studio appears to be 100% behind him. Who is responsible for releasing a club statement now ?

Surely tomorrow morning made more sense knowing Poyet was on live TV ? Wtf is going on ? The club has had more or less the whole country behind us and until recently, apart from CPFC the whole football community has been behind us. It is a fcking pr shambles and fans can be rightly very annoyed imo.

This! Total tin pot leadership. Mr Bloom has got to get back and control his bloody pitbull! I am utterly ashamed tonight!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But why release it on a Sunday knowing he was on live tv that evening ? Why not release it tomorrow morning ?

Yeah, why not just let Gus announce to the world the news of his sacking? Smart PR move!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Maybe the BBC and many other press organisations have been hoodwinked into believing the fact that Poyet and his team knew nothing of this until he was on air. I would sincerely hope that the BHA HR department and lawyers are a lot smarter than is being suggested by some. I look forward to many organisations printing or posting apologies to BHA for being hoodwinked. Now, will Poyet still be in the studio at the end of this game or will he be pulled from air by his layers?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gus. shame it had to go this way.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
But why release the statement when they knew where he would be - and that he might comment live on air?

Albion Rob

Maybe because he was told earlier today and Gus would have become the first manager in history to announce his own sacking live on air before the club put a statement out.

Maybe the club has tried calling him 50 times today and left voice messages but he is avoiding them, knowing he has a captive audience tonight.

To be honest, I'm more inclined to believe the football club I've supported all my life than a manager who was clear he was only with us until something better came along then couldn't be bothered to turn up to a disciplinary hearing even just to say he needed more time to prepare.

I don't know the reasons but I do know this is the best move for all parties. We can focus on getting a new manager and Gus can focus on managing in the Premier League and Champions League.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But why release the statement when they knew where he would be - and that he might comment live on air?

Because if Gus already knew the decision, there was a danger of him being the one to announce it to the world rather than the club.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why should we do it when HE wants ? He has caused us lots of problems so the last thing the club will do is do what HE wants !!

Maybe as he had an audience tonight of over a million to put his views across with no one there from the club. Easily avoided by releasing it tomorrow morning. I am 100% behind this club, have been for over 40 years but tonight is just total shambolic crap imo.

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Who cares,

Everyone wants him sacked, now timing is out of order ( so what )

He really upset people at Brighton, never seen a manager so disrespectful to his club!!

3 1/2 years and now I'm to good for Brighton and I'm the best :tosser:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here