Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Interim Manager?! *Merged*

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Err what? The club DON'T have someone lined up all ready to come in?

**** me. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
an interim manager does what it says on the tin....stands in whilst our current manager goes through the appeal system, then goes......who do you think will take that on ??? If Gus succeeds with his appeal, he'll be back in charge.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
formality title.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why don't they just appoint Oscar as "interim" manager immediately, as they obviously know Gus will lose the appeal, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to sack him in the first place?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Why don't they just appoint Oscar as "interim" manager immediately, as they obviously know Gus will lose the appeal, otherwise they wouldn't have tried to sack him in the first place?

This may happen very soon.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
an interim manager does what it says on the tin....stands in whilst our current manager goes through the appeal system, then goes......who do you think will take that on ??? If Gus succeeds with his appeal, he'll be back in charge.

You are right about the interim manager but if he wins an appeal he will not be back he will just get loads of compo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The point is the statement seems to suggest they will get someone in BEFORE Oscar/Sherwood/Whoever. Why?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Can you still not understand, despite all the other threads, that the club have to be seen to follow procedure in this case?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can you still not understand, despite all the other threads, that the club have to be seen to follow procedure in this case?

And? Still, what I said applies. Why not appoint Oscar initially as interim manager? Their statement suggests they're going to **** around for yet LONGER first and bring someone else in first while we look for another manager.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Er we can't employ a manager until the appeal is over or decided against.
Also, what decent manager would want to come in only to have to leave if Gus wins?
If we have someone in mind they will probably wait until it has all finished.

But the club are obviously certain Gus will lose the appeal, otherwise they wouldn't have sacked him in the first place!!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I would imagine that it is just a title. There is no way Gus will come back now even if he wins the appeal so we will still need a manager whatever happens. The new manager will be interim until the court case is over and then I would think they will step up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Only because of the way we've decided to deal with it. Out of 92 clubs in the pro structure in England, 91 have never done this.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So in your world appeals should not exist!?
How many investigations have been overturned? Think about it for a second. Or are you saying that people on death row in the States should just be killed straight after their initial trial? Why appeal as they were found guilty. Just think, please, I know it may be hard for you though.

No....**** me. I'll say it slow for you

The club

Are obviously certain

Gus

Will lose the appeal - as otherwise THEY WOUKDNTNHAVE FIRED HIM

So why not

Put

Oscar

in as interim manager

Rather than **** around for another 2 weeks

Got it yet?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The club

Are obviously certain

Gus

So why not

Put

Oscar

in as interim manager

Got it yet?

So you want to give Gus' lawyers absolute proof that we were negotiating with other managers whilst the disciplinary proceedings were ongoing? Brilliant

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

The club

Are obviously certain

Gus

So why not

Put

Oscar

in as interim manager

Got it yet?

I'd imagine that would be the case as long as the "interim new" manager agrees. If not, well who knows.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here