Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Informed through Lawyers

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
It is possible that Gus has asked for all communication on the matter to go through his lawyers. They may well have been the ones who have not yet informed him. Not the clubs problem if that is the case..............

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Could have been, yeah. We wouldn't have broken the law on it, having been so ridiculously thorough throughout.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Possibly, for all we know the club told his lawyers at 3PM but tactically decided not to pass the news on until just before the broadcast.

Just because the club didnt directly tell Gus, doesnt mean he didnt know.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Possibly, for all we know the club told his lawyers at 3PM but tactically decided not to pass the news on until just before the broadcast.

Just because the club didnt directly tell Gus, doesnt mean he didnt know.

Twitter would seem to suggest otherwise - Naylor and others seemed to know it was coming just before it did - why did the club release it then ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He did actually say in BBC that his "representatives" had been in discussion with the club today. He knew alright even if they didn't tell him personally.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes - why release it then ? Why not release it earlier or tonight AFTER Gus is off air - don't you get how bad the timing is here ?

Because the club call the shots and decide when to do things, not him. The club said he was informed, he damn well knew what was going on and he is using being on TV to his advantage....

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Tweet from BBC East

Remember #Poyet chose his words very carefully earlier. We understand letter was sent via lawyers before #bhafc club statement was released

I rest my case if true.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Could it be the blokes a out and out liar? What sealed it for me is when said he was appealing as he wants to manager for this season.......what a load of bollocks! He spent most of his time since the Reading approach trying to get away!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Of course that is most likely. But they gave Gus the opportunity to make something of it.

Stevie Wonder could have seen that coming.

Or, looking at it another way, they gave him the opportunity to put his foot right in it. If he suggests on television that that is how he found out and later it is proved that this is not the case then that plays into the clubs hands.

The tweet from BBC East does suggest that he knew and remember that the statement on the website is for general circulation and it stated that he had been informed today, which doesn't imply that he was being formed by way of the press release!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Got to get an advocate. JC did not have one and he was crucified!

Miffy

Jun 18, 2013
Twitter would seem to suggest otherwise - Naylor and others seemed to know it was coming just before it did - why did the club release it then ?

They tweeted about 60 seconds before the club released it - hardly the same as knowing it was coming, probably just been given the press release as is normal practice

The club released the statement before the game on BBC 3 started !!

The statement was constructed before the tv coverage started. It was not released publicly until quite some time after the time shown on it.

As for why do it tonight ... On the basis they appear to have been negotiating all day today I am assuming something broke down & triggered it. It could even be the tv appearance itself for all anyone knows. Must admit I was less than impressed that he'd gone ahead with it when he said that lots of communications had been going back and forth today and indicated they'd been close to reaching a deal. I'd have expected that to take priority

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here