Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus the bullshitter

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just seen the bbc thing and he clearly knew. He is talking bollocks, he reckons he's had no contact with any players or staff ?? I question that !

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whoa... just heard the whole thing... CLEARLY planted question at end about taking so long, damage to his career. did he brief them before hand?

theres so much in that interview which should have been answered with "no comment", he wanted to put out a public message to create discontent.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Rubbish - he looked shellshocked.

Lots of revisionists here tonight.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
He had a hearing the day before, of course he knew. What do you think they spent the day discussing? Holiday plans?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gus is a very clever bloke - he obviously used his airtime to his maximum advantage.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Just seen the bbc thing and he clearly knew. He is talking bollocks, he reckons he's had no contact with any players or staff ?? I question that !

Gus is full of it. The club statement clearly shows he knew all about it. The BBC trying to get an exclusive live on air. Pathetic.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Although none of us know for sure I'm convinced the club would have informed Gus either directly or through his representatives before an announcement was made on the clubs web site, Lets not forget this is the same Gus Poyet that told Gary Lineker how much he wanted to get things sorted out knowing full well he wasn't going to turn up for his disciplinary hearing the next morning but he never mentioned that bit did he. Gus loves playing to the camera for his own means but I can't help thinking he might just have shot himself in the foot this time as I can only see it working against him on any appeal.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Unless the club knew how Gus wouldreact, release the statement let him talk live on TV then maybe hinder his chances of an appeal as he said he was not informed etc etc maybe great PR by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here