Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If he had been told - release another statement now.

kano

Jun 17, 2011
If the club have informed Gus before then they should release another statement now while he is on air, put him on the spot, the BBC will call him on it as it will be great TV.

I think he is bullshitting but if he is and the club dont take the oppertunity to call him on it then they deserve all the negative publicity they get.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
If the club have informed Gus before then they should release another statement now while he is on air, put him on the spot, the BBC will call him on it as it will be great TV.

I think he is bullshitting but if he is and the club dont take the oppertunity to call him on it then they deserve all the negative publicity they get.

Spot on. Said the same thing to Mrs just now. Keep refreshing my emails waiting for a statement

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Except he could then just say that the club didn't. Then what? Maybe another statement? The club would then be in a 'yes we did' vs 'no you didn't' argument live on TV. How would that benefit anyone?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

Please do.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
This is exactly what I think the club should do! Can't really make us look any worse than it has done already...

albionite

May 20, 2009
They will not release another statement until the lawyers have gone over what they wish to say about whether they told him before he was on tv or he found out whilst on it.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
I agree re a further statement - as i posted on another thread......

Another angle could be that the club followed the correct channels and did advise all parties earlier this evening, hoping that Gus would be asked live on air about it and put his foot in it a bit more. The comments Gus has made about not knowing until advised by the BBC if proved to be wrong, will be classed as further defamation against his employer and so an appeal will be pointless as he's dug a bigger hole live on the televison. The best thing the club can do now is to call his bluff and give a statement to the BBC before the end of the game advising who and when were advised and at what time. Great poker hand by Bloom and Co !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What cretin decided to announce the decision today knowing Poyet was on tv tonight ? The club are not on live TV tonight and it was an open goal to Poyet. Whoever made that decison has got it horribly wrong.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Except he could then just say that the club didn't. Then what? Maybe another statement? The club would then be in a 'yes we did' vs 'no you didn't' argument live on TV. How would that benefit anyone?

Pantomime season come early. TV is so dumbed down these days anyway, so it would fit the remit a treat.

kano

Jun 17, 2011

A club statement saying that Gus was informed of the panels decision on at XX:XXpm on XX/XX/XXXX via email/phone/carrier pigeon would be very hard to deny as presumably the club could prove the communication took place should Gus call them liars. No need for back and forth at all.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
I agree re a further statement - as i posted on another thread......

Another angle could be that the club followed the correct channels and did advise all parties earlier this evening, hoping that Gus would be asked live on air about it and put his foot in it a bit more. The comments Gus has made about not knowing until advised by the BBC if proved to be wrong, will be classed as further defamation against his employer and so an appeal will be pointless as he's dug a bigger hole live on the televison. The best thing the club can do now is to call his bluff and give a statement to the BBC before the end of the game advising who and when were advised and at what time. Great poker hand by Bloom and Co !

This. 100%

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It seems the problem is that Poyet is being treated like the rest of the UK workforce. We'll never sign another player or manager with that reputation. Please Barber, get on TV and make a public apology, it's all they're talking about in Brazil after all according to the beeb commentator - I fear riots are going to GO LARGE tonight in Rio.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What cretin decided to announce the decision today knowing Poyet was on tv tonight ? The club are not on live TV tonight and it was an open goal to Poyet. Whoever made that decison has got it horribly wrong.

Why should the club not announce the statement tonight just because their ex manager is on TV? The statement didn't just come out of the blue they would have informed Poyet's people of their decision today (whatever Poyet may say) and therefore needed to get it out. How would you have felt if Poyet had announced he had been sacked before the club?

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It seems the problem is that Poyet is being treated like the rest of the UK workforce. We'll never sign another player or manager with that reputation. Please Barber, get on TV and make a public apology, it's all they're talking about in Brazil after all according to the beeb commentator - I fear riots are going to GO LARGE tonight in Rio.

Apologise for what?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Whilst I think he knew it was coming.......

Why did the club release the statement when he was live on air - all the tweets and news happened THEN if the club were not doing it on purpose why release the news then????????

Check twitter and you can see when the news broke and the club seemed to be the ones putting it out then WHY??

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
A club statement saying that Gus was informed of the panels decision on at XX:XXpm on XX/XX/XXXX via email/phone/carrier pigeon would be very hard to deny as presumably the club could prove the communication took place should Gus call them liars. No need for back and forth at all.

I see where you're coming from and yes, the club possibly could do that, but don't you see how embarrassing that would be? To have the club releasing a statement as well as proof of communication (if they were legally allowed to in the first place) wouldn't make this situation any better, just worse.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Utter tosh. You have no idea (nor do I) why he has been sacked and when he was told. The BHA job is a great job that many managers will be after, it's a shame Poyet couldn't see that!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick

Jesus Gareth, they can't win. You've been moaning for weeks that nothing is sorted before pre season and even today I read you moaning that one of our players doesn't know what's going on and when they do let everyone know what's going on, before pre season starts, you moan about it because he is on tv. He will no doubt be on tv again this week with the BBC and probably can get live on sky whenever he wants with one phone call so when do they release the news?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here