Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone who thinks Gus didn't know before the BBC told him.........

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
Bloom has no obligation to tell him personally or directly. Maybe it wasn't his decision? Could he have delegated it to Barber? Gus appeared like he had been crying or at least "emotional". Hard to fake that.

telrald

Jan 11, 2006
east grinstead
100%

There's no way he would not have known. He would have got more respect from me if he said I've known for x but can Bly talk about it know.

We still don't know what he's actually done and suspect this a sympathy vote in lure of his compensation talks, sorry I mean 'appeal'

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Why are people getting so excited about this? As if any suggestion that Gus might be telling the truth should be met with utter disdain.

All we have is what the club has said in a written statement and what Gus has said live on TV. One party isn't telling the whole truth and we all seem to want to believe the club would have acted professionally EXCEPT that releasing the statement whilst Gus is live on TV is clearly provocative and unnecessary, which calls their credibility into doubt.

I appreciate it seems unlikely they'd have made a public statement before letting the man know himself BUT it isn't beyond the realms of possibility as some on here seem to think

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
A lot of people watch Britain's got Talent.

People who watch Britain's got Talent love "drama"

There are a lot of stupid people in Britain.

Just maybe those three things are connected

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Even he didn't know (unlikely), his representatives would, so it would be up to them to tell Gus. Simply don't believe he didn't know.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Bloom has no obligation to tell him personally or directly. Maybe it wasn't his decision? Could he have delegated it to Barber? Gus appeared like he had been crying or at least "emotional". Hard to fake that.

Actually I think you will find he would be legally bound to tell his employer that he was dismissed before anything was announced

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Regardless of whether this is right or not, whether he is telling the truth or not, the club has made a huge mistake announcing it at a time when Gus was 30 minutes away from being live on telly.

Whoever decided that is a totally idiot.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Beans, come and get your beans.
Magic beans for sale.

Special two for one deal for those who believe Mr Poyet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
aye. am i to take he feigned non knowledge on BBC? it wouldnt make any sence, he'd have known when the decision was made at that didnt happen this evening when the tweet went out. you think they convened a meeting on Sunday afternoon? they probably decided Friday, and he's known since then.

the timing of the tweet is odd, i'd hazard a guess it was to preempt him telling the world on TV.

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Another angle could be that the club followed the correct channels and did advise all parties earlier this evening, hoping that Gus would be asked live on air about it and put his foot in it a bit more. The comments Gus has made about not knowing until advised by the BBC if proved to be wrong, will be classed as further defamation against his employer and so an appeal will be pointless as he's dug a bigger hole live on the televison. The best thing the club can do now is to call his bluff and give a statement to the BBC before the end of the game advising who and when were advised and at what time. Great poker hand by Bloom and Co !

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Regardless of whether this is right or not, whether he is telling the truth or not, the club has made a huge mistake announcing it at a time when Gus was 30 minutes away from being live on telly.

Yeah I would agree with you there, should have waited until tomorrow morning!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Off course he knew. If he didn't he must have known a discussion was imminent, he even suggested it in the interview, if so.... WHY THE **** GO ON LIVE TV IF SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE AS IMPORTANT AS LOSING YOUR JOB WAS ABOUT TO ANNOUNCED! Doesn't say a lot for his lawyers does it, considering there was communication throughout the day.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

they could've waited until he was live on telly I suppose:shrug:

May 18, 2013

I disagree. Given Gus' reputation for speaking 'out of line' in interviews, it gave the opportunity for him to say something which might have harmed his appeal.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I disagree. Given Gus' reputation for speaking 'out of line' in interviews, it gave the opportunity for him to say something which might have harmed his appeal.

There is this as well. I find it hard to believe that anyone who actually watched it could believe he was faking. In any case, WHAT WOULD BE THE POINT?

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Gus is just carrying on spreading the s*** whilst he can.

Soon the truth will out, hopefully, and then all those Gus lovers will be very very quiet.

TB

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys

Exactly, I haven't decided whether he knew or not but the timing is definitely deliberate. Probably a parting shot from someone in the club he didn't get on with......

How has this chain of events been allowed to unfold, it's unreal!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here