Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Didn't deserve that at all

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No matter what you think of him he's done great things for us and didnt deserve that. Shocker.
Yes, he did a good job for us, that is undeniable. But how do you know he "didn't deserve" to be sacked?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Hardly a disgrace. For all the good work he's done for us I don't think sacking him in this way is the best way to go about it. Makes us look like unprofessional employers, decent replacements may think twice and what player would want to come and play for what will be a circus this summer?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Yes he does! His comments after the Palarse game were a disgrace!

Ill-judged, poorly timed and horrendously worded yes, but a disgrace? No, not quite. We'd just got done by a team playing much better than us on the night and, heat of the moment, he said something I suspect he regretted fairly quickly afterwards.

As it is, we still don't know why he got removed (probably never will), though it seems pretty clear that since this started him coming back would be an unlikely scenario. Sad way for it all to end.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
I know Albion fans have a hard time considering the possibility that Gus has been badly treated by the board - but this disgraceful treatment of Gus live on TV underlines this possibility.

I don't think it would be fair to sack anyone live on TV, but even more so because its someone who has done so much for the club.

My heart bleeds not. How many times we put up with his behavior about wanting to join any prem club that drops their knickers and then treats us like fools. Well it looks like the egg has finally landed on his face lol

JB (Albion)

May 16, 2013
hove
Ill-judged, poorly timed and horrendously worded yes, but a disgrace? No, not quite. We'd just got done by a team playing much better than us on the night and, heat of the moment, he said something I suspect he regretted fairly quickly afterwards.

As it is, we still don't know why he got removed (probably never will), though it seems pretty clear that since this started him coming back would be an unlikely scenario. Sad way for it all to end.

better to get the news out hard and fast before thet players meet tomorrow, then they can get on with business.

.the king is dead long live the long awaited new king.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
What Gus said after Palace was wrong, wrong, wrong but, in his defence, he could argue that it was said in the heat of the moment, a very emotional moment.

This was cold blooded. A statement releaced on a Sunday evening and whilst he is live on national TV, why? I think it's a disgraceful way to act.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Until the club confirm he didn't know anything I am afraid I find it very hard to beleive Poyet. The club no doubt informed him or his people earlier and told him an announcement would be made tonight and he happens to be on TV. Why should the club delay more just because he has lined up some TV work? Sorry I don't beleive a word he says.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What Gus said after Palace was wrong, wrong, wrong but, in his defence, he could argue that it was said in the heat of the moment, a very emotional moment.

That's what I've always thought. Wrong words, ill-timed, but said in the heat of the moment. I just shrugged it off really. It hardly undermined everything he had achieved at the club in 3 1/2 years.

Until the club confirm he didn't know anything I am afraid I find it very hard to beleive Poyet. The club no doubt informed him or his people earlier and told him an announcement would be made tonight and he happens to be on TV. Why should the club delay more just because he has lined up some TV work? Sorry I don't beleive a word he says.

Spot on.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
That's what I've always thought. Wrong words, ill-timed, but said in the heat of the moment. I just shrugged it off really. It hardly undermined everything he had achieved at the club in 3 1/2 years.

Is this why he has been sacked? Do you know because no one else does? I would suggest it goes alot deeper then this!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I know Albion fans have a hard time considering the possibility that Gus has been badly treated by the board - but this disgraceful treatment of Gus live on TV underlines this possibility.

I don't think it would be fair to sack anyone live on TV, but even more so because its someone who has done so much for the club.

He DISGRACED bloom live on tv.

We didnt sack him live on tv.

What a stupid comment.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012

Stop talking sense, it's not allowed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here