Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who manages Communication at The Albion?

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Why on earth would anyone release a statement as important as the one about Poyet when they KNOW he is on TV and is able to utilise this to strengthen or at least put his case.

This is Mickey Mouse and very very poor, or do we have a Palace fan somewhere in the communications team!

The Albion have just looked shabby, very upset by this. Sorry rant over

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
And who do think pulls his strings?

Why on earth would anyone release a statement as important as the one about Poyet when they KNOW he is on TV and is able to utilise this to strengthen or at least put his case.

This is Mickey Mouse and very very poor, or do we have a Palace fan somewhere in the communications team!

This.
Total act of bitterness by whoever is running our club. Classless and very tin pot. We look like complete ****ing idiots. I am ashamed tonight and for the first time in 38 years will be keeping my money in my pocket this season.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
BHA have googled up by releasing this statement at the exact time Gus is on telly. They had nothing to gain from it and a lot of goodwill to lose.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You think the timing of the announcement has to be timed to meet the needs of Gus' media schedule? 'Let's not announce it just yet in case Gus says mean words about it?'

For fact's sake!

I'm glad the club have chosen to announce it when they want.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This.
Total act of bitterness by whoever is running our club. Classless and very tin pot. We look like complete ****ing idiots. I am ashamed tonight and for the first time in 38 years will be keeping my money in my pocket this season.

Really ? So you cancelled it ready ?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I've given up now.

Really silly timing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Some truth in that. I think the club could have handled the whole affair better, and no, that doesn't mean I hate Paul Barber and everything he stands for. There are some really polarised opinions on here, even by NSC's bi-polar standards.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
The club have probably issued their statement at the first possible opportunity without any malice intended.

I agree that may have happened BUT professional businesses look at all the angles and wouldn't make such a monumental cock up. Whatever business your in image is everything. I long for the days at the Withdean, even travelling over to Gillingham. At least we were altogether then, that's how bad I feel. Sorry

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
Sunday evening would not be a time you'd choose to release any important news, for many reasons. However, should the actions or anticipated actions of another party impact upon your chosen strategy you may be forced to issue a statement on Sunday night. I guess the club wanted to announce this tomorrow morning but heard that Gus was going to discuss on live TV, they were then compelled to say something, or be portrayed in a bad light. It's a lose lose really for the club in this circumstance

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You think the timing of the announcement has to be timed to meet the needs of Gus' media schedule? 'Let's not announce it just yet in case Gus says mean words about it?'

For fact's sake!

I'm glad the club have chosen to announce it when they want.

What a bizarre comment. This has been going on all summer and they couldn't wait for another 12 hours to make the announcement. I would say timing like this is going to make the club look bad so, yes, they should have waited.

Legoman

legoman
Jan 28, 2010
peacehaven
Do you people really think that the timing is poor, I don't just because he is on TV ,get a grip. He was told, do you really think that all the lawyers who know all about employment law would fail to tell him about this. I think he is playing the wounded solider here.....I don't believe him!

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
Another angle could be that the club followed the correct channels and did advise all parties earlier this evening, hoping that Gus would be asked live on air about it and put his foot in it a bit more. The comments Gus has made about not knowing until advised by the BBC if proved to be wrong, will be classed as further defamation against his employer and so an appeal will be pointless as he's dug a bigger hole live on the televison. The best thing the club can do now is to call his bluff and give a statement to the BBC before the end of the game advising who and when were advised and at what time. Great poler hand by Bloom and Co !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
BBC have made their minds up already and it is team Gus. So shocking PR for the club.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
They probably told Gus hours ago......if that's the case, he's gonna look a right prat for what he's just said on telly.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Really ? So you cancelled it ready ?

You would be suprised how many people have. After all it is only a monthly commitment anyway ( with a £ 50 charge the club have decided to impose )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here