Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Gus - Your FAVOURITE moment

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Forget the shite of the last few weeks, we had some MEMORABLE times along the way. What was your favourite Gus moment ? For me it is not regarding a match , it was him starting " were f*cking brilliant " at the parade infront of 5000 people, highly unpc with families around but that is Gus, barking and for that I will always love him.

What was your favourite Gus moment ?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
When he called AEA over for a cuddle during the FA Cup against Pompey. Adam was having an absolute ruck with Kitson et al and I just thought it was class man management.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Forget the shite of the last few weeks, we had some MEMORABLE times along the way. What was your favourite Gus moment ? For me it is not regarding a match , it was him starting " were f*cking brilliant " at the parade infront of 5000 people, highly unpc with families around but that is Gus, barking and for that I will always love him.

When I saw the thread title, that is exactly the moment that came into my mind. I'm gonna miss Gus.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had to e mail Gus over REMF ideas over the years and he always replied in person the same day. He could have thought " who are you ? " but he did not and was always open and responsive. I had a high regard of him which makes this end even more sad. He was a genuine bloke for me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Home against dagenham or Walsall away great days.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

That moment exactly. Good call.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Haven't really. Just saw him as like the rest our our managers who got us to division one. Glad he's gone as he did play some bloody negitive football without a plan 'B' and couldn't ever come back and win a game when going behind.

Time to crack open the bubbley :)

At least we might be able to win a game now after conceding first.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Haven't really. Just saw him as like the rest our our managers who got us to division one. Glad he's gone as he did play some bloody negitive football without a plan 'B' and couldn't ever come back and win a game when going behind.

Time to crack open the bubbley :)

At least we might be able to win a game now after conceding first.

I hope you are right. The new manager has BIG shoes to fill.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just now ;)

No, seriously he's been a fantastic appointment and its to everyone's crying shame that its turned out how it has but with hindsight it was always going to be a relationship that ended in tears. Never going to be a quiet handshake but a stormy parting of the ways. Hope he learns from this, if he needs to that is. Chances are he'll get a decent appointment elsewhere somewhere in the not too distant future, here or abroad.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
That stunning first game against Donny at The Amex in the Championship as League 1 Champions and securing a dramatic 98th minute winner with goals by Buckley, one of Gus's club record signings, a goal that beautifully summarises just how we played under him.

The adrenalin of that day is largely down to two men, Gus as team manager and to Tony Bloom for making it all happen.

It is a touch sad that Gus has gone but I'm much happier that Tony Bloom is the man calling the shots.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was a wonderful relationship whilst it lasted. High maintenance ? maybe but I will always remember the great sex he brought to BHAFC.

sigh.

D

Deleted member 2719

Let's not all get emotional about him. Time to move on we have a new season just around the corner.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It was a wonderful relationship whilst it lasted. High maintenance ? maybe but I will always remember the great sex he brought to BHAFC.

sigh.

Talk about say it with cliches! (Do you like what I did there?!)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here