Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Holloway

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on him? Taking away the rivalry for 5 minutes, I have to admit he got the play offs spot on, but the weeks leading up to them I thought he was woeful and the 3-0 home win against palace and his substitutions seemed really strange.

He went on a terrible run and a lot of Palace were on his back, but he did what he was employed to do and got them promoted, he has also had previous success in the play offs.... So what for him next season?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He is a total waste of oxygen. I remember his premier league friday afternoon press conference rants when he was managing Blackpool. Sep Blatter this, Wayne Rooney that. Some of our media and certain people give this twerp way too much credit. Insightful, comedy genius. I think not. Palace went up in spite of him imo.

albionite

May 20, 2009
He got lucky, if there was at least 2 more games in the league they would of fallen out of play offs.

Not sure if it was a case of he got his tactics right against us and Watford, that stopped us playing our game or we both just didn't turn up when it mattered. I suspect the latter watching all 3 games.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is a total waste of oxygen. I remember his premier league friday afternoon press conference rants when he was managing Blackpool. Sep Blatter this, Wayne Rooney that. Some of our media and certain people give this twerp way too much credit. Insightful, comedy genius. I think not. Palace went up in spite of him imo.

this

He got lucky, if there was at least 2 more games in the league they would of fallen out of play offs.

Not sure if it was a case of he got his tactics right against us and Watford, that stopped us playing our game or we both just didn't turn up when it mattered. I suspect the latter watching all 3 games.

that too
he is a lucky manager

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

You need to stop your hatred for us ****ing with you and give him (Holloway) some credit. If you wanna blame someone, blame Bridge who had Wilf in his back pocket.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district

Regarding Watford's no show at Wembley, after their dramatic semi final win against Leicester and the massive out-pouring of delight at the final whistle. They had narrowly missed out to Hull for automatic promotion. I'm no sports psychologist, but it was always going to be tough for them to go again after the Leicester climax.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011

as lucky as poyet then-if you finish in the top six after 46 games then its nothing to do with luck and fully deserved over the season

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Unlike the Albion in the playoff semi-final second leg and Watford in the final, the opposition WILL turn up in the Premier League. Palace will get battered, week in, week out, obviously, but the serious monies involved will go a VERY long way towards them building for a better future. Good luck to them.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Regarding Watford's no show at Wembley, after their dramatic semi final win against Leicester and the massive out-pouring of delight at the final whistle. They had narrowly missed out to Hull for automatic promotion. I'm no sports psychologist, but it was always going to be tough for them to go again after the Leicester climax.

If Watford had won this wouldn't even get a mention , load of bitter clap trap . All the if this and if that is nonsense , we beat you and won the final get over it .

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Not sure about him being lucky, he kept Palace in the promotion shake up for two-thirds of the season so he must've been doing something right. Also however hard it might be to admit it he got his tactics spot on in the playoff semi.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not sure about him being lucky, he kept Palace in the promotion shake up for two-thirds of the season so he must've been doing something right.

He wasn't there for two thirds of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here