Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Ake

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Don't know anything about him, but good to be talking about fixtures and players again!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Left back? :lolol:

No. Holding midfielder in the Nathaniel Chalobah stylee. I say, get him in. Why not. Proper afro, to be fair to him.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Would be a touch of irony about it if we were to finally land a talented young Chelsea loanee the summer Gus actually leaves the club. But it's the sort of signing I suppose David Burke and his recruitment team might have been working on for a while.

I imagine a player like Ake would be of use to any manager wanting to come in and continue our passing brand of football. Decent prospect who started a couple of games in Europe for them last season. Technically gifted, highly mobile, left-footed DM.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sounds the business
get him in

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Iv'e seen him play on tv quite a few times for the Chelsea youngsters. He stood out and is good on the ball, seems very mature.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Is this to buy or loan? Very talented youngster, long term replacement for Liam if he leaves.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Who did we get Liam Bridcutt from then?
Free agent, wasn't in demand. And thus nothing like the sort of signing I mentioned. I'm thinking more about your Chalobahs and McEachrans - up and coming talents who are highly regarded but need regular game time.

Last edited:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Is this to buy or loan? Very talented youngster, long term replacement for Liam if he leaves.

very much a loan, highly rated at Chelsea and just needs game time by the looks of things

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

A season long loan to give him first team match experience.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He also plays CB and LB but would think him AND Liam in a 4-2-3-1 would let the full backs kick on and the 3 attacking mids more freedom. Essentially he'd replace Hammond (and Dicker) in the squad

That's more hopeful!
He sounds exciting (in an unspectacular way)

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
I read earlier that mourinho is looking to use his youngsters more next yr including chalobah, ake and starkey. So guess it depends on the special one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here