Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Birmingham Away

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Just a heads up, can get 2 advance singles to Birmingham for £16 with a Young Person's Rail Card...just booked mine!

So nice to be thinking about matches again! :clap:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
12.50 e/w from lancing,superb brought on the day games anounced:smile:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I tried to get cheap train tickets to Leeds away and the best I could find was £75 return from Portslade which seems a bit expensive to me.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not doing this as we arrive on the morning at Gatwick around 05:00 hrs, will be too tired.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
got 2 adult tiks from lancing to brum 12.50 e/w,costs me over a fiver to falmer,work that out

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Which station should I go to? And what train times should I select? I am rubbish at booking trains.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
If you mean which station in Birmingham any of the 3 in the City Centre New St, Moor St or Snow Hill although Moor St is the nearest to St Andrews and Snow Hill the Furthest (and you have to go through Moor St to get to it!). New St is the Biggest and is only a short distance further than Moor St from St Andrews, although it is further now they have moved the entrance and exit to the other side of the shopping centre.

You can get a bus to St Andrews but I recommend walking to save the £4 return (all though an all day rover is cheaper than 2 single fares) as it is not that far, if you want to get the bus use the 58 or 60.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
If you mean which station in Birmingham any of the 3 in the City Centre New St, Moor St or Snow Hill although Moor St is the nearest to St Andrews and Snow Hill the Furthest (and you have to go through Moor St to get to it!). New St is the Biggest and is only a short distance further than Moor St from St Andrews, although it is further now they have moved the entrance and exit to the other side of the shopping centre.

You can get a bus to St Andrews but I recommend walking to save the £4 return (all though an all day rover is cheaper than 2 single fares) as it is not that far, if you want to get the bus use the 58 or 60.
Thank you.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I've posted this warning before and I shall do so again.

A warning for any Albion fans travelling to this game, St Andrews is in Small Heath, one of the most deprived areas of the country. Take extreme caution in and around the ground.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
I've posted this warning before and I shall do so again.

A warning for any Albion fans travelling to this game, St Andrews is in Small Heath, one of the most deprived areas of the country. Take extreme caution in and around the ground.

It will also have some Blue noses around who you should treat even greater caution! Not the brainiest of supporters and not to be trusted!

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
We got lost last season, so ended up getting a taxi, there's a McDonald's outside the ground if you like it. Queues are quite big after the game, obviously. Didn't have any problems with the fans even ended up having snowballs thrown both ways.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We got lost last season, so ended up getting a taxi, there's a McDonald's outside the ground if you like it. Queues are quite big after the game, obviously. Didn't have any problems with the fans even ended up having snowballs thrown both ways.

That snowball fight all the way back to the station was great :lolol:

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
There is also a Morrison's with a cafe just past the ground. Or the Coventry Rd shops a few yards further on with take aways etc of British (EG; Fish and chips) and non British nature, it is a very cosmopolitan area, I used to live in the flats just behind where the Mcdonalds is now, it was a pub then though.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Official site has told us tickets on sale 5pm today, but seem to have forgotten to tell Talent Sport (as of 17:16 pm)

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Also just noticed that Talent think Albion away at Leeds will be playing at Amex!!:

Leeds United v Albion - Away Tickets

Competition: The Football League Championship
Date: Saturday,03 August,2013
Kick-off: 15:00
American Express Comm Stadium

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here