[CB] Dunk
[LB] Calderon

[RW] Buckley
[DCM] Bridcutt
[ACM] Orlandi
[LW] Lua-Lua

Ulloa
Barnes

That's about right. Lopez will be here next season in my mind but playing by your rules, he's not available.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
David, El Abd, CMS, and who else on the bench?

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
That's about right. Lopez will be here next season in my mind but playing by your rules, he's not available.

I agree with you about Spanish Dave, I think he enjoyed the fan support and playing in a team of Spaniards!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
[GK] Kuszczak

[RB] Bruno (is he injured?)
[CB] Greer
[CB] Dunk
[LB] Calderon

[RW] Buckley
[DCM] Bridcutt
[ACM] Orlandi
[LW] Lua-Lua

Ulloa
Barnes

That's not a bad team and is the reason, if we sort out the manager issues this week, that I'm reasonably positive. Might be tempted to play Crofts for one of the attackers (probably LuaLua) as we would be very open. If we are going to play that 4-4-2, I think we need to invest a fair bit in a new central midfield partner for Bridcutt (or use the money from selling him to buy two new central midfielders) as not sure that Lopez/Orlandi can play centrally in a 4-4-2 and Crofts had a poor season.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
That's not a bad team and is the reason, if we sort out the manager issues this week, that I'm reasonably positive. Might be tempted to play Crofts for one of the attackers (probably LuaLua) as we would be very open. If we are going to play that 4-4-2, I think we need to invest a fair bit in a new central midfield partner for Bridcutt (or use the money from selling him to buy two new central midfielders) as not sure that Lopez/Orlandi can play centrally in a 4-4-2 and Crofts had a poor season.

I agree, would have liked to have put Hammond in there but he is not ours....thought he was brilliant in the last 10 games or so of the season! Any chance of us signing him?

SamPeters18

Feb 19, 2011
Peacehaven
im guessing we are doing this without El-Abd and Lopez

if thats the case then

Kuszczak
Bruno - Greer - Dunk - Maksimenko
Bridcutt - Orlandi
Buckley - LuaLua
Forster-Caskey
Ulloa

Subs
Brezovan - Ince - Calderon - Crofts - Barnes - March - Adgestein

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I agree, would have liked to have put Hammond in there but he is not ours....thought he was brilliant in the last 10 games or so of the season! Any chance of us signing him?

Hammond would be okay but I wonder if he might go for someone bigger and stronger (not that we can afford him but similar to Trotter at Millwall). There are obvious gaps in the team e.g. a left back, a centre back partner for Greer etc but it is a decent basis for a team. I still live in hope that we have a few players lined but they won't officially sign until we have confirmed the new manager (although I'm not holding my breathe)!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
With a new keeper and a left back it has the makings of a reasonable squad.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
we do not need a new keeper, thats the ONE position I'm confident in!

I have no faith in Brez or Ankergren as back up. Does anybody?

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I have no faith in Brez or Ankergren. Does anybody?

But you said with a new keeper, it has the makings of a reasonable team suggesting you have issues with Kuszczak.

As for Ankergren/Brezovan, we're probably not going to do that much better as back up and goalkeeper certainly isn't a priority for me unless we offload one or both of them.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I meant squad. Sorry.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm 11 again? Oh my goodness. I feel duly envious of the Colin, the large boy at the end of the street with the long-distance and moneyed dad who can afford Scalextrices and Atari games machines. And why are the other kids seeming to develop strange hairs whilst i remain so dormant and bare?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here