Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone else feeling strangely positive about next season?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
New committed manager on board (hopefully a Flairniac with access to some Barca B loans or technical wizard with some good Spurs connections), reduced expectations all round, Ulloa and CMS up front, post-traumatic siege mentality, a Plan B, players hurting from last season's finish and with another season's experience in the Championship.....

Or is it just me?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
New committed manager on board (hopefully a Flairniac with access to some Barca B loans or technical wizard with some good Spurs connections), reduced expectations all round, Ulloa and CMS up front, post-traumatic siege mentality, a Plan B, players hurting from last season's finish and with another season's experience in the Championship.....

Or is it just me?

But we haven't got any of that. If/when we get a new manager and can start signing a few players then I will start to look forward to the new season as we have a decent side. At the moment though, I'm still fearing this situation dragging on and on.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Not just you. I think we'll do ok next season. Need a L/B and C/B and got to get Lopez to resign and Adam.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Feel free to bounce this thread when we need 3 points at Forrest to stay up :)

I really hope nobody would bounce a positive thread if we're struggling. It would be like glorifying in our failure, although with some on here you do wonder.

I think if we can get a new manager, sign up Lopez and then start signing a few players, there are plenty of reasons to be positive. We just need to sort out the management situation!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset

Or is it just me?

you're on your own !

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
And when they employed Bruce I didn't think Hull had any chance of promotion so that goes to show what can be achieved in installing a new manager.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I don't get the anti Sherwood feeling. I'm not saying he is my first choice but he is obviously highly rated at Spurs. As with any first time manager, he would be a gamble but that doesn't mean it would fail.

Me neither. I know a few Spurs fans and they all rate him very highly.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
And when they employed Bruce I didn't think Hull had any chance of promotion so that goes to show what can be achieved in installing a new manager.

My point exactly, the break-up between them and Nick Barmby was pretty messy as well and took a fair bit of time to sort - he may well have been suspended actually.

Were not in a dissimilar position to them last season !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here